2016 Umberto Veronesi Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships for Italian and Foreign Researchers, and applications are submitted tiil 15th of September 2016. Umberto Veronesi Foundation is offering 130 postdoctoral fellowships (120 -12-month-long research grants and 10- 6 month-long travel grants) to top level scientists in the field of biomedical research. The 12-month fellowships are available for undertaking research in excellent Italian institutions. The 6-month-long fellowships are available for researchers to spend a 6-month period of work in a top-level laboratory or clinical department of foreign institutions. The total amount of the fellowship is 27,000.00 Euro for each grant (before tax) for 12 months or 15.000 euro (before tax) for 6 months in case of Travel Grants. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Italy (12-month-long fellowships) and Abroad (6-month-long fellowships)
Level: The 12-month fellowships are available for undertaking research in excellent Italian institutions. The 6-month-long fellowships are available for researchers to spend a 6-month period of work in a top-level laboratory or clinical department of foreign institutions.
Field(s): Foundation supports projects aimed at investigating the molecular and biological bases and mechanisms of prevention and cure of chronic diseases in the fields of Oncology, Cardiovascular diseases, Neurosciences and Life Style for disease prevention. Two different macro-areas will be supported: experimental and clinical research.
Deadline: 15th of September 2016
Funded By: Umberto Veronesi Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 Umberto Veronesi Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted for Italian and foreign researchers
‣ No. of awards: Umberto Veronesi Foundation will award 130 fellowships (120 -12-month-long research grants
and 10- 6 month-long travel
grants) to top level scientists in the field of biomedical research.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Grants awarded by Umberto Veronesi Foundation will have a duration of 12 month (for fellowships in the Experimental and Clinical research) or of 6 month (for Travel grants) and will start on the 1st January 2016. The starting date can be postponed not later than 1st April 2016. It will not be possible under any circumstances to further postpone the starting date.
‣Value of Scholarship : The total amount of the fellowship is 27,000.00 Euro for each grant (before tax) for 12 months or 15.000 euro (before tax) for 6 months in case of Travel Grants. The fellowship is aimed only at paying the research salary and cannot be used in other ways (lab reagents and supplies, etc). The fellowship can not be combined with other forms of bursary; similarly, the fellowship is not compatible with subordinate working contracts, either temporary or permanent; the fellowship is compatible with funding of different nature from the above described, provided that they do not exceed the annual retribution of EUR 10,000.00 (before tax).
‣ Science progresses wherever there is true exchange: sharing experience, know-how, procedures, solutions and results leads to progress.
‣ For this reason, Umberto Veronesi Foundation promotes the Culture of Science without boundaries, favouring advanced professional training of the most deserving scientists and researchers both from Italy and abroad.
‣ Experimental Research: Italian and foreign researchers holding a scientific degree preferably in Medicine, Biological and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biotechnologies. In addition, a clinical and/or post-degree research experience (specialisation or PhD) in health-related fields is required. Selected candidates must carry out their research work in excellent institution in Italy.
‣ Clinical Research for Italian and foreign medical doctors: Candidates must hold a degree in Medicine and a clinical and/or post-degree research experience (specialisation or PhD). Selected candidates must carry out their work in excellent organisations in Italy and shall be introduced – based on their expertise – in specialised clinical teams, coordinated by top level referents.
‣ Please make sure that all the degrees held by candidates are equivalent to their Italian counterparts, in order to be able to work as clinicians with patients in Italy. Candidates who do not possess the legal criteria to work as clinicians in Italy will be excluded from the evaluation procedure.Please be explicit in the Letter of Acceptance from the Hosting Institute that the candidate has fulfilled the legal criteria to work as a clinician.
‣ The 12-month fellowships will only be awarded for researchers (Italian and/or foreigners) to work only in Italian institutions. There are no fellowships available for researchers that will develop their research project outside Italy.
‣ Travel grants: Travels grants are reserved to Italian citizens working in Italy at the moment of the application. Candidates should preferably hold a scientific degree such as Medicine, Biological and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biotechnologies. A clinical and/or post-degree research experience (specialisation or a PhD) in health-related fields is mandatory.
For all the fellowships ( 2016 Umberto Veronesi Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships ) :
‣ Candidates must officially have obtained the PhD or specialisation title not later than the 31stDecember 2015.
‣ All candidates must be under the age of 43 before 1st January 2016. In case of the grant will be assigned, the candidate will be asked to write a self-certification stating the he/she is under the age of 43.
‣ Women with children are allowed to count one extra year per children (for example: women with 1 child can apply if they are younger than 44 by 1st January 2016, and so on). In case the grant will be assigned, the candidate will be asked to show a “family certificate” to be able to receive the fellowship.
‣ Candidates must have at least two original papers or reviews in peer-reviewed international journals of which at least one as first/last/corresponding author.
‣ All the materials required have to be written in English.
Selection Criteria for 2016 Umberto Veronesi Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships
‣ All applications correctly sent by the deadline and that meet the eligibility criteria will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee. Candidates will be awarded grants based on the following meritocratic criteria:
Scholarship Application Method
‣ To start with the submission of the application please enter your Name, Surname, Email address and indicate your type of research (clinical or experimental).
‣ You will then be directed to the correct application form. You will be asked to fill in the form with a description of your CV (max 4000 characters including spaces), a list of your scientific, peer-reviewed publications, a short abstract of the proposed projects (max 2000 characters including spaces) and the description of the proposed research project (background, experimental plan and description of expected results and future applications to health.
‣ Max 9000 characters including spaces). Please note that during the application process you will be requested to upload the following documentation:
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : 15th of September 2016.
‣ Application forms ( Application Form ) and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.