2018 UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Awards for Undergraduate in Canada, and Your nomination package must be postmarked by November 15, 2017; You must complete the online application for academic admission to UBC no later than December 1, 2017.You must meet UBC’s English Language Admission Standard by January 31, 2018. University of British Columbia offers undergraduate award for international students. To be considered for the award, students must be admissible to the first choice program they are applying. Award-winners receive an award-level commensurate with their financial need as determined by the costs of their tuition, fees and living costs. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of British Columbia | Canada
Field(s): to learn any of the courses offered by the University of British Columbia.
Funded By: University of British Columbia
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Awards are targeted for international students
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The International Leader of Tomorrow Award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study, or to degree completion, whichever is less, provided the student achieves satisfactory academic standing in their faculty, continues to demonstrate financial need, and maintains their Canadian study permit (visa).
Leader of Tomorrow Award-winners receive an award-level commensurate
with their financial need as determined by the costs of their
tuition, fees and living costs, minus the financial contribution the
student and their family can make annually towards these costs. A
standard needs-assessment is made, based on financial information
provided by students and their families.
The UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Awards recognizes
international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior
academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student
affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of
endeavour such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative
writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
‣ Award candidates must be nominated by their current school or college/university.
To be considered for an International Leader of Tomorrow Award, students must:
‣ be admissible to the first choice program they are applying to, including meeting UBC’s English Language Admission Standard
‣ have an excellent academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard);
‣ be an international student, who is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada, and who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian Study Permit (visa);
‣ demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent them from pursuing a UBC degree.
‣ be entering a UBC undergraduate degree program from a recognized secondary school, college or other university.
Selection criteria for UBC International Leader of Tomorrow Awards
‣ A standard needs-assessment is made, based on financial information provided by students and their families.
Scholarship Application Method
You must be nominated by the high school you are currently attending or recently graduated from, or the college/university you are transferring from. When you are confirmed for nomination by your school, college, or university, your institution must use the International Leader of Tomorrow Award nomination package.
International Leader of Tomorrow Nomination Package – Okanagan campus 390 KB PDFDownload and complete this form.International Leader of Tomorrow Nomination Package – Vancouver campus422 KB PDFDownload and complete this form.
Scholarship Applications Due Date:
We encourage you to submit your application for admission to UBC early. This will ensure that you have an admission decision in time for award nomination consideration.
Although you can specify two degree choices in your application for admission, your award consideration will be based only on your first-choice degree.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship