2017 TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visits Programme for Postdoctoral researchers from sub-Saharan Africa , and applications are submitted till 31 March 2017 .Postdoctoral researchers from sub-Saharan Africa, including South Africa, can go on a ‘Cooperation Visit’ lasting three months to an institute in Germany. Full details:
School(Institutions / Hosting Countries): | Germany
All academic fields
Funded By: German Research Foundation & TWAS
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2017 TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visits Programme is targeted for Postdoctoral researchers from sub-Saharan Africa, including South Africa
Duration: 3 months
‣ Scholarship covers: TWAS will cover health insurance and travel expenses, while DFG data-custom-mark="true" will provide subsistence costs for the stay in Germany.
The 2017 TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visits Programme provides postdoctoral
researchers from sub-Saharan Africa, including South Africa, with the
opportunity to make a ‘Cooperation Visit’ to an institute in
Germany of no more than 3 months.
‣ Under this programme, researchers are assisted in making a ‘Cooperation Visit’ to an institute in Germany. Such visits will have a duration of no more than three (3) months and must be undertaken within 12 months of the award.
‣ The aim of the 2017 TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visits Programme is to discuss research collaboration with German scientists with the ultimate goal of developing longer-term collaboration, perhaps through other Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, or German Research Foundation) programmes. TWAS will cover health insurance and travel expenses, while DFG will provide subsistence costs for the stay in Germany. The administration and financial operation of TWAS is undertaken by UNESCO in accordance with an agreement signed by the two organizations.
must hold a PhD and must have obtained it not earlier than 2011;
‣ Applicants must be nationals of a sub-Saharan African country, including South Africa, and hold a research position in sub-Saharan Africa.
‣ Applicants already on site in Germany are not eligible.
Successful applicants can only reapply once for another cooperation visit.
‣ Women scientists are especially encouraged to apply.
‣ All academic fields will be considered.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants must complete the application form (see link at the bottom of the).
‣ Applicants also need to submit:
‣ Applicants must provide evidence that they will return to their home country upon completion of their Cooperation Visit.
‣ 2017 TWAS-DFG Cooperation Visits Programme do not include provisions for accompanying family members.
‣ Applications for part-time visits will be considered ineligible.
‣ Incomplete/unsigned applications will not be accepted. This also applies to submissions by fax and electronic mail, which must include all enclosures and be signed (either digitally or by including a scanned signature).
‣ Successful applicants must not take up other assignments during the period of their Cooperation Visits.
‣ TWAS shall be entitled to a repayment of all or part of any funds paid to an applicant hereunder, in the event that the applicant intentionally or negligently fails to fulfil any or all of the above conditions. The applicant agrees to pay any reasonable legal and/or collection costs incurred by TWAS to obtain the repayment.
Attachment Size dfg-twas_application_form_2017.doc
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: 31 March each year. Successful applicants will be informed three months after the deadline.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
is important to read the application procedure, and visit the
official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how