2016 Truman Foundation Scholarships for the students of the USA . Truman Foundation offers scholarships for undergraduate students in the USA. All Candidates for the Truman must be nominated by their undergraduate institution. Applications are open until February 2, 2016. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): USA and Abroad (The Foundation seeks Scholars who plan to work either domestically or internationally) | USA
are available for those students who wish to attend professional or
graduate school to prepare for careers in government or the nonprofit
and advocacy sectors where they will improve the ways these
are provided preparation for a career in public service toward
graduate study in the U.S. or abroad in a wide variety of fields.
Deadline: February 2, 2016
Funded By: Truman Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 Truman Foundation Scholarships is targeted for the students of the USA can apply for this scholarship (except for persons from the Pacific Islands who are eligible only if they are U.S. nationals or permanent residents of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands).
to 65 Scholarships are awarded annually.
new Truman Scholar receives up to $30,000. The Truman
Scholarship covers your actual expenses for tuition and required
fees, your average expenses for room and board, and up to $1000 per
year for books. The Foundation cannot duplicate funding from other
sources (i.e. school scholarships, grants and fellowships). The
Foundation bylaws dictate that we cannot pay for laptop computers,
travel, airfare, or office supplies.
Truman Foundation Scholarships
62 new Truman Scholars were selected from among 629 candidates
nominated by 293 colleges and universities.
were chosen by seventeen independent selection panels on the basis of
their academic and leadership accomplishments and their likelihood of
becoming public service leaders.
panels met across the United States and included distinguished
leaders, university presidents, elected officials, federal judges,
prominent public servants, and past Truman Scholarship winners.
Truman is a very competitive national scholarship.
Each year, the Foundation reviews over 600 applications for our 55 to
65 Scholarships awarded annually.
600 applications do not include the students who compete on their own
campus for one of a school’s four nominations.
‣ The Foundation tries to have at least one Truman Scholar each year from each state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the Islands (American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands and the Virgin Islands).
‣ The Foundation will also award more than one scholarship per state or territory if the selection committee agrees that two candidates are equally worthy.
‣ U.S. citizens or U.S. nationals who are college or university students with junior-level academic standing and who wish to attend professional or graduate school to prepare for careers in government or the nonprofit and advocacy sectors where they will improve the ways these institutions work. Residents of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Northern Mariana must have senior-level standing.
record of campus and community service;
to a career in government or the nonprofit and advocacy sectors;
skills and a high probability of becoming a “change agent”; and
academic record with likely acceptance to the graduate school of the
Review Panels: February 29, 2016 through April 15, 2016
Posting: April 22, 2016
Scholars Leadership Week: May 24-29, 2016
foundation sends letter to the permanent address listed in your file
and inform your institution. Scholars will also be posted on the
website. Please consult the list of important dates for more details.
Scholarship Application Method
must register a student before he/she can access the online
register a student, you must supply his or her email. Once you have
done so, the system will send the student an email with login
Application Due Dates:
‣ Please review these dates before applying. These dates are firm; the Foundation will not accommodate requests for changes to these dates.
‣ Please consult Regional Review Panels for a more detailed listing of our interview dates and locations.
forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
is important to read the application procedure, and visit the
official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how