2016 Transatlantic Postdoctoral Fellowship for International Relations and Security. Applications are open until Monday, February 1, 2016 (00.00 h MEZ) . Applications are invited for postdoctoral fellowship for young academics with a background in international relations and international security. Up to five fellowships will be granted for duration of 24 months. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | United States and Europe (Every TAPIR fellow has to stay at three different institutes during the course of the programme – including at least one on each side of the Atlantic. This means that the fellows usually move two to three times during the fellowship).
is awarded in International Relations and Security.
February 1, 2016 (00.00 h MEZ).
program is funded by, among others, DAAD (German Academic Exchange
Service), Deutsche Bank, Fritz Thyssen Stiftung, Otto Group, Robert
Bosch Stiftung and Transatlantik programm der Bundesregierung. TAPIR
is co-funded by the Marie Curie Action COFUND within the Seventh
Framework Programme (FP7) of the European Union.
Postdoctoral Fellowship is targeted for Citizens of USA,
Canada or Europe (Albania, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and
Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Republic of Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and United Kingdom) can apply for this postdoctoral fellowship.
‣ Award No: Up to five fellowships
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships will be granted for duration of 24 months. Fellows spend three eight-month stays at research institutions or think tanks participating in the program – at least one on the Eastern and one on the Western side of the Atlantic.
‣ Scholarship covers: The fellowship consists of: -a monthly stipend of Euro 1.800,00 -a monthly allowance for health insurance of Euro 200,00 -and a one-time travel allowance of Euro 3.500,00 for travel to and from the host institutions. Fees for residence permits are not included.
‣ The 2016 Transatlantic Postdoctoral Fellowship for International Relations and
Security (TAPIR) is open to candidates who have recently received
their doctorate in social and political sciences or economics and
whose research focuses on topics of international relations and/or
international peace and security issues.
are granted for the duration of 24 months to prepare Fellows for a
career in policy-oriented and international research at renowned
think tanks and political consulting research institutes.
spend three eight-month stays at research institutions or think tanks
participating in the program – at least one on the Eastern, and one
on the Western side of the Atlantic.
have successfully defended their PhD by the start of the program
((October 1, 2016 ).
have a strong interest in working in a policy-oriented international
environment and must demonstrate their ability to do so by previous
international academic experience.
either be citizens of the U.S., Canada or Europe (in a broader
geographical definition) OR must have resided in the U.S., Canada or
Europe at least for two-and-a-half years in the five years before the
fellows selected commit to carrying out all research activities in
compliance with the fundamental ethical principles of the European
Commission (Decision No 1982/2006/EC of the European Parliament and
of the Council of 18 December 2006, Art. 6 (§ 1)).
Eligibility Criteria for 2016 Transatlantic Postdoctoral Fellowship
‣ Fellows will be selected by a jury composed of members of the participating institutes. Selection criteria are the academic excellence of the candidate and the quality of the research statement.
‣ The decision of the jury is final and no appeal is possible.
‣ All candidates are informed of the outcome of their applications by e-mail.
‣ Successful candidates will be informed by May, 2016 and will start their fellowship on October 1, 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should contain
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : Monday, February 1, 2016 (00.00 h MEZ). Incomplete, faulty, or late applications will not be considered.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.