2017 The Schmidt MacArthur Fellowship at Fourteen Partner Universities , and applications are submitted till 12 February 2017.Ellen MacArthur Foundation and the US-based Schmidt Family Foundation are offering Schmidt MacArthur Fellowship for the year 2017. It is an international programme on the circular economy for postgraduate students in design, engineering and business students from a network of fourteen Partner Universities around the world. The Wild Card competition is an amazing opportunity for a student from any university in the world to win a place, worth £10,000, on the exclusive Schmidt MacArthur Fellowship Programme for both themselves and their faculty mentor. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): | Fourteen Partner Universities (Cranfield University, Imperial College London, London Business School, University of California Berkeley, Delft University of Technology, Kedge Business School, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MIP Politecnico di Milano, National Institute of Design India, Royal College of Art, Stanford University, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Tongji University, and Yale University).
Level: Postgraduate programme
Field(s): It is an international programme on the circular economy for postgraduate students in design, engineering and business students from a network of fourteen Partner Universities.
Deadline: 12 February 2017
Funded By: The fellowship is jointly funded by the Ellen MacArthur Foundation and the US-based Schmidt Family Foundation.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2017 The Schmidt MacArthur Fellowship is targeted for Aka graduates are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Schmidt MacArthur Fellowship is a 12 month international programme on the circular economy open to postgraduate students in design, engineering and business from a network of fourteen Partner Universities.
‣ Scholarship covers: Fellowship worth UK£10k to develop a Circular Economy Innovation Project as part of a postgraduate study course in design, engineering or business, this consists of:
‣ The 2016 The Schmidt MacArthur Fellowship is a 12 month international programme on the circular economy open to postgraduate students in design, engineering and business from a network of fourteen Partner Universities.
‣ Each year the Fellowship also runs a Wild Card competition to identify one or two exceptional students from any other universities in the world, to win a place on the programme.
‣ The programme includes a week long summer school in the UK, an online support programme and a cash bursary, as well as the opportunity to link with the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s wider programme of activities and networks.
and accepted place on a postgraduate (aka graduate) course in design,
engineering and/or business, including proof of all necessary
funding, by 15 February 2016. Your university course must not start
any later than September 2016 nor finish any earlier than September
‣ Able to attend an online interview on either Monday 22, Tuesday 23 or Wednesday 24 February 2016, if shortlisted; attend a week-long summer school in London (UK), 20 – 24 June 2016; take part in the 2016 online knowledge-building programme and comply with the Student Agreement if the application is successful (see supporting documents on the Apply webpage)
‣ Evidence of the support of your academic mentor and the availability of that mentor to attend the week-long summer school in London (UK), 20 – 24 June 2016 (see Mentor confirmation letter in supporting documents on the Apply webpage)
‣ Circular Economy Innovation project: Applicant must be able to undertake a Circular Economy Innovation project as part of their course during the Fellowship year (see CEIP info in Fellowship in Detail booklet on the Apply webpage).
‣ Applicant must be able to develop and deliver Circular Economy Innovation Project (CEIP) within the following broad windows:
Submit your CEIP proposal sometime between March – December 2016
Submit / deliver your CEIP sometime between September 2016 – August 2017 includes postgraduate, masters and PhD students.
Selection criteria for 2017 The Schmidt MacArthur Fellowship
‣ Foundations are looking for innovative thinkers in the concepts of the circular economy and systems thinking. Applications will be evaluated using the following criteria:
candidates will be invited to a short 5-minute online interview on
22, 23 or 24 February 2016. The winners will be informed by 26th Feb
Scholarship Application Method
applications are submitted online. This will involve completing an
online form and uploading a link to your audio-visual presentation
via YouTube. Details of an alternative way to send us your
audio-visual, for those applying from China only, will also accompany
the online application form ( Application
The application deadline is 12 February
and guidelines can be download from the official website
It is important to
read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link
found below) for detailed information on how to apply