2017 TGCL Scholarship for Postgraduate Students in Law , and applications are submitted till 17 February 2017. Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies is inviting applications for TGCL Scholarship starting on 1 October 2017. Scholarships are awarded for pursuing data-custom-mark="true"Postgraduate study programme (LLM or PhD). The LLM scholarship is for a period of one year, and the PhD scholarship a period of three years. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany and Tanzania
are awarded for pursuing Postgraduate
study programme (LLM or PhD) at the Tanzanian-German Centre for
Eastern African Legal Studies (TGCL).
Deadline: 17 February 2017
by the German Foreign Office through the German Academic Exchange
Groups): 2017 TGCL Scholarship
is targeted for
in the East African Community Partner States (i.e. Burundi, Kenya
Rwanda, and Uganda) can apply for TGCL Scholarship.
limited number of scholarships will be awarded.
LLM scholarship covers a period of one year, and the PhD scholarship
a period of three years.
scholarship will cover the University fee and a health insurance. An
annual amount of 2,400 EUR for Tanzanians and of 3,000 EUR for
Non-Tanzanians will be paid to cover the cost of living. An
additional lump sum of 30 EUR per month will be paid if you are not
residing on campus. A once-off lump sum of 460 EUR for LLM and 920
EUR for PhD will be paid for the cost of research.
‣ Applications are invited, especially from candidates in the East African Community Partner States (i.e. Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda), for entry into a postgraduate study programme in law (LLM or PhD) offered by the Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies (TGCL).
‣ The call for 2017 TGCL Scholarship applications for the study programme starting in the following year is usually published in September.
requirements for admission to the LLM and PhD programmes are those
applicable at the University of Dar es Salaam School of Law, i.e. for
the LLM programme a Bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) with a minimum
GPA of 3.0 or its equivalent from a recognised institution of higher
legal education, and for the PhD programme an excellent LLM degree
from a recognised institution.
‣ The language of instruction at the TGCL is English. Those who are not conversant with it should not apply.
Scholarship Application Method
Applications are invited especially from candidates from the East African Community Partner States (i.e. Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda).
The formal minimum requirements for admission to the LLM and PhD programmes are:
The language of instruction in the School of Law is English. Those who are not conversant with it should not apply.
In case of any challenge in opening the Application Forms kindly use the respective following link:
‣ Please send your application for admission both as hard copy and as electronic copy.
‣ Your application must contain the following documents:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 17 February 2017
forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
is important to read the application procedure, and visit the
official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how
to apply for