2016 Special Scholarship Program (SSP) for International Doctoral Students in Japan, and applications are submitted till September 18, 2015 . Kochi University of Technology offers special scholarship program for international students to pursue doctoral degree within the department of Engineering at Graduate School of Engineering. The scholarship is awarded for one year but the term will be extended for increments of one year up to a total of three years, unless the university terminates the SSP student status for any of the reasons stated. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Kochi University of Technology | Japan
Deadline: September 18, 2015
Funded By: Kochi University of Technology
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 Special Scholarship Program is targeted for International Students
‣ Award No: Number of scholarships is yet to be decided.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is offered for one year but the term will be extended for increments of one year up to a total of three years, unless the university terminates the SSP student status for any of the reasons stated below:
(1) In the case where a student’s report, submitted in accordance with term 5-(2), is assessed as being below the standard for SSP students. (2) In the case of behavior which is deemed inappropriate for an SSP student.
‣ Scholarship covers: 1) Exemption from 30,000 yen entrance fee, 300,000 yen enrollment fee and 535,800 yen/year tuition fee. (2) To support living expenses, 150,000 yen/month is paid for research project work. (3) 150,000 yen is provided for travel and initial living costs (given only to foreign students who are living outside Japan, and who have, or have the intention to acquire, “Student” status of Japanese residence at the time of entry into Japan)
‣ The 2016 Special Scholarship Program (SSP) established in 2003 in order to support the advanced research of the university by enlisting the help of highly capable students especially students from foreign countries.
‣ Every year in April and October, the university enrolls selected doctoral students for specific research projects.
‣ The students pursue the doctoral course in English (excl. Japanese students) while at the same time assisting their host professor as a research assistant (RA).
‣ Through this program KUT wishes to expand and deepen international ties with academic and educational institutions all over the world.
‣ The submitted documents will be carefully examined in the course of the first screening. Only applicants who are successful in that screening will then be examined in such forms as an interview, an English written exam, an academic achievement written exam in the specialized field required for the conduct of the selected research project, etc.
‣ Applicants will be notified individually about Primary Screening Result by End of November, 2015 and about Admission Decision by End of December, 2015.
Scholarship Application Method
(1) Choose a research project from the SSP Research Project List.
(2) Complete and submit all required documents by post.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on September 18, 2015 for April 2016 intake.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.