Generation Research Fellowships (NGF) at University of Cambridge in UK , and applications are submitted till 2nd December, 2016. University of Cambridge is offering Next Generation Research Fellowships (NGF) for the year 2017. The Fellowships are open to UK, EU and overseas graduates for pursuing innovative research falling within the remit of the Centre, with special reference to the trophoblast. The Fellowship will provide flexible funding of up to £60,000 per annum for the duration of three years. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Cambridge | United Kingdom
is awarded for prospects of high caliber individuals pursuing
innovative research falling within the remit of the Centre, with
special reference to the trophoblast.
of Cambridge, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Next Generation Research Fellowships are targeted for UK, EU and overseas graduates.
‣ Award No: not known
Fellowship is usually of three years duration and may be held in any
department within the University or its affiliated institutes.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Fellowship will provide flexible funding of up to £60,000 per annum, although the Managers will take into account other sources of research funding available to the Fellow when making the award. The funding will provide for their personal salary on the Research Associate scale (£28,695 to £37,394), research consumables, equipment and conference travel. Successful candidates will be free, and indeed, to apply for additional funding to cover consumable costs and additional research expenses.
‣ Next Generation Research Fellowships are aimed at promoting the prospects of high calibre individuals pursuing innovative research falling within the remit of the Centre, with special reference to the trophoblast.
‣ Applications addressing the Grand Challenges identified by the Centre will be particularly welcomed.
‣ The Fellowships are highly flexible to suit individual needs, and enable the holder to develop as an independent researcher within a supportive and stimulating environment.
‣ Holders are expected to apply for a Research Fellowship/Career Development Award from a research council or other funding body, or a faculty position during the course of their tenure.
‣ Candidates should normally be within 5 years of the award of their PhD (due allowance will be made for those whose career has been affected for personal reasons). Applicants must display evidence of academic excellence, a strong research record, and the ability to perform independent research. The Fellowships are open to
UK, EU and overseas graduates.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants should first identify a Sponsor from the Membership of the Centre who will act as their mentor if they are awarded a Fellowship. After discussing their proposed project with him/her they should submit an application. Please contact the Centre Administrator for a copy of the CTR's NGF application form.
‣ The application form and references should be sent by post to: The Centre Administrator, Centre for Trophoblast Research, Physiology Building, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EG, UK, to arrive by Friday 2nd December, 2016.. Please also send a single electronic copy of your application (minus references) to the Centre Administrator.
Interviews will be held late-January, 2017.
‣ The application form and references should be sent by post. Please also send a single electronic copy of your application (minus references) to the Centre Administrator.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 2nd December, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...