2016 NeuroCure PhD Fellowships for German and International Students , and applications are submitted till January 10, 2016.The NeuroCure Cluster of Excellence invites applications for PhD program starting in Fall 2016. PhD Fellowships are open to German and international scientists for the duration of 3,5 years. All selected PhD students have the opportunity to undertake small rotation projects (i.e one month each) in different labs for an additional period of up to three month before making an informed choice. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
are awarded in the following subject areas: Molecular mechanisms of
nervous system development and function, Mechanisms of neural damage
and cellular age, Endogenous brain protection, Nervous system
regeneration, Crosstalk between nervous and immune system,
Developmental disturbances and Synaptic plasticity.
Funded By: NeuroCure Cluster of Excellence, Charité – University Medicine Berlin
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 NeuroCure PhD Fellowships are targeted for German and international scientists
will finance a PhD research project for 3,5 years. All selected PhD
students have the opportunity to undertake small rotation projects
(i.e one month each) in different labs for an additional period of up
to three month before making an informed choice.
scholarship constitutes of roughly 1360 € per month, from which
health insurance has to be subtracted. Additional money is available
for travel, training opportunities etc.
‣ The NeuroCure Cluster of Excellence invites applications for its PhD program starting in Fall 2016.
‣ With over 50 internationally recognized research groups, NeuroCure offers outstanding interdisciplinary training and research opportunities for national and international scientists from a wide range of backgrounds.
‣ Formal qualification is a MSc or equivalent degree.
‣ Outstanding candidates with a BSc degree are also eligible after assessment of their qualification.
‣ Short-listed applicants will be invited to a Skype interview in February; the final interview will take place in Berlin at the end of March 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please use online application platform. Interested candidates should submit a CV, two letters of recommendation and a letter of motivation.
‣ This letter should also include a short description of the applicants academic and research interests, nominating at least three potential labs of the cluster. Reference letters can be handed in with the application or submitted separately by the reviewer.
‣ Please note that you are free to change your preference during the application process or during lab rotations.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on January 10 , 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.