2016 Muhammad Ariff Ahmad Postgraduate Scholarship in Singapore , and applications are submitted till 1st December to 15th February of each calendar year. National Institute of Education (NIE) is awarding MAS postgraduate scholarship and research grant in Malay Studies. Research on the work of Muhammad Ariff Ahmad will be given preference. Applicants for MA and PhD scholarship are to enroll in NIE or NTU and applications for MAS Research Grant is open to all local or international scholars. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Singapore
is available for pursuing postgraduate (MA and PhD) studies at NIE or
Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and"programme.
Field(s): Scholarship is awarded in the field of Malay Studies (including all areas related to the Malay community, viz. language, literature, culture, religion, etc.). Research on the work of Muhammad Ariff Ahmad will be given preference.
Deadline: 1st December to 15th February of each calendar year
Funded By: National Institute of Education (NIE)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 Muhammad Ariff Ahmad Postgraduate Scholarship is targeted for MA scholarship is open for Singaporean students and PhD scholarship and research grants are available to all students regardless of nationality.
Degree – $10,000 ; Doctor of Philosophy – $15,000 ; Research
Grant – up to $15,000
‣ 2016 Muhammad Ariff Ahmad Postgraduate Scholarship and Research Grant are initiated in honor of Dr Muhammad Ariff Ahmad, a highly-regarded Malay scholar whose encyclopedic knowledge and contributions in the fields of Malay literature, culture, education and language are pivotal in shaping and advancing Malay cultural studies in Singapore and the region.
‣ The MAS Postgraduate Scholarship and MAS Research Grant are dedicated to generate further Malay language, literature, education and culture corpuses by inviting applicants who are pursuing postgraduate studies in the relevant fields, and researchers who are embarking on academic explorations that elevate Malay cultural studies to cross-cultural and international discourses.
candidates: Open to Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents
with First Class or Second Class (Upper Division) Honours only.
PhD Candidates: Open to all with excellent academic record,
regardless of nationality.
Research Grants: Open to all with excellent academic record, regardless of nationality and at least 2 years working experience in research.
very good command of Malay and English language.
should not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship,
bursary during the prescribed period of the MAS Scholarship.
Scholarship Application Method
application for Research Grant can be found here.
‣ The application form for Scholarship can be found here.
‣ Send supporting documents, hardcopy of the completed application form to ALC/NIE. For Research Grant, applicants must submit 2 samples of publication and certified true copy of transcripts of results from previous educational institutions.
should reach ALC/NIE by the closing date. Late submission will not be
‣ Recommendation letters from TWO referees to be sent to ALC/NIE directly.
Selected applicant will be interviewed.
‣ Incomplete applications will be rejected. Regretfully, submissions will not be returned.
‣ All application forms with attached supporting documents must reach ALC/NIE before the closing date.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on Application period and closing date
1st December to 15th February of each calendar year
forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
is important to read the application procedure, and visit the
official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how
to apply for this scholarship.