2016 Mintek Undergraduate Bursary Programme in South Africa , and applications are submitted till 31 July 2015. Mintek is offering undergraduate bursary programme for South African students. The Mintek bursary covers the full payment of registration, tuition and residence fees, plus an allowance with a commitment to work at Mintek on a year-for-year basis. Applicants must meet the university entry requirements and be accepted at a recognized South African university for full-time studies. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | South Africa
Level: undergraduate degrees, honors degrees or B.Tech diplomas.
Field(s): Bursary is awarded in following areas: Chemistry (Analytical or Geochemistry), Chemical Engineering (Minerals Processing option), Electrical Engineering (Process Control Systems or Electronics), Geology (majoring in Mineralogy, Petrology, Applied Geology or Economic Geology), Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Physical Metallurgy/ Materials Science and Physics.
Deadline: 31 July 2015.
Funded By: Mintek, South Africa
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targerted for students of South Africa
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The bursary is awarded for the length of the prescribed course provided that the bursar passes the registered subjects and still complies with the Mintek bursary contract. Mintek bursars are obliged to undertake vacation work at Mintek at the end of their first, second, and third undergraduate years for approximately 8 weeks.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Mintek bursary covers the full payment of registration, tuition and residence fees, plus an allowance with a commitment to work at Mintek on a year-for-year basis. On completion of studies, bursars undergo intensive training is aimed at developing them into exceptional engineers/scientists.
‣ Mintek’s Undergraduate Bursary Programme ensures a steady supply of trained and highly skilled technical people for Mintek to meet a major portion of company’s operational, research and development manpower needs, and also to provide appropriately-skilled graduates to the broader South African minerals and metallurgy sector, as per Mintek’s Mission Statement.
At University currently:
‣ Studying towards any of the above-mentioned degrees with an overall average of 60% and no failed courses or subjects.
‣ Must be a South African citizen.
‣ Must meet the university entry requirements and be accepted at a recognized South African university for full-time studies.
‣ Completed application forms with supporting documentation must be submitted to Mintek’s Academic Liaison Officer via post, electronically or fax.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 July 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.