2016 Mexican Government Scholarship Program for Foreign Students in Mexico , and applications are submitted between from April 15 to August 31, 2015. Applications are invited for Mexican Government scholarships available for foreign students. Scholarships for academic studies are offered for those who are interested in studying for a specialization, Master's degree or doctorate, conducting graduate or postdoctoral research, or taking part in an undergraduate or graduate -level academic mobility program. The final decision on the scholarships is made solely by the Mexican government. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Mexico
Level: specialization, master’s degree or doctorate, conducting graduate-level research, or taking part in an undergraduate or graduate-level academic mobility program in Mexico.
Field(s): any one of the courses available at participating Mexican institutions except Business administration, Plastic surgery, accounting, marketing, dentistry and advertising.
Deadline: Applications for the scholarship will be accepted from April 15 to August 31, 2015.
Funded By: Mexican Government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 Mexican Government Scholarship is targeted for students of North America (United States, Canada and Canada / Province of Quebec), Caribbean (Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Puerto Rico (Commonwealth), Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname and Trinidad and Tobago), Asia (Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, Kingdom of, China, People’s Rep., India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Democratic Rep., Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Korea, Pakistan, Islamic Rep. of, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Kingdom of Timor – Leste, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Socialist Rep. of), Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Saharawi, Arab Rep., Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe) Latin America (Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela) Europe (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and Ukraine) Pacific (Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji Islands, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Independent State, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu), Middle East (Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestinian National Authority, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Yemen)
and Non- Self- Governing Territories (American Samoa, Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Gibraltar, Guam, Montserrat, New Caledonia, Pitcairn, Saint Helena, Tokelau, Turks and Caicos Islands and United States Virgin Islands).
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarships are awarded annually for the following:
‣ Scholarship covers: Monthly stipend of 4 times the minimum salary in Mexico City for undergraduate mobility scholarships, specializations, master’s degrees or master’s-level research, Spanish language or Mexican culture courses, currently the equivalent of $8,412.00 pesos (approximately US $546.234).
‣ On behalf of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID) invites foreign citizens who are interested in studying for a specialization, master’s degree or doctorate, conducting graduate or postdoctoral research, or taking part in an undergraduate or graduate-level academic mobility program, to participate in the 2016 Mexican Government Scholarship Program for International Students.
‣ The 2016 Mexican Government Scholarship is offered to more than 180 countries through a series of bilateral conventions, multilateral programs and special agreements. More than 70 Mexican institutions participate and all offer academic programs registered with the National Council for Science and Technology (CONACYT) as National Quality Graduate Programs.
‣ These 2016 Mexican Government Scholarship programs demonstrate the progress made by Mexico in the sciences and humanities.
‣ By offering Mexican government scholarships for international students, Mexico strengthens its role as an actor with global responsibility and renews its commitment to cooperation programs that help create highly-skilled human capital.
‣ The presence in Mexico of international students, academics and scientists helps build permanent bridges of dialogue that enrich the long-term foreign policy agenda through contributions of exceptional value for the country and its partners abroad.
‣ In addition, the Mexican institutions and academic community benefit from the increased internationalization.
‣ Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree, as required by the program for which the scholarship is requested.
‣ Minimum grade point average of eight (8.0) on a scale of 0 to 10, or the equivalent, for the last academic degree received.
‣ Be accepted to or currently enrolled in a program at one of the participating Mexican institutions.
Selection Criteria for 2016 Mexican Government Scholarship
‣ Academic excellence of the candidate in the intended area of study.
‣ The intended field of study in Mexico is related to the applicant’s academic and job history.
‣ The area of study is important to and has a direct impact on the development of the applicant’s country.
‣ The program must relate to specific current or approved projects that have an impact on the development of the applicant’s country.
Notification for 2016 Mexican Government Scholarship
‣ The results will be announced starting in November 2015 by Mexico’s diplomatic offices abroad. The final decision on the scholarships is made solely by the Mexican government.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The entire scholarship application process must be done at the Mexican embassy in the applicant’s country or at the concurrent embassy.
‣ No applications will be accepted directly from the applicants. The applicant must submit the documents in the following order:
1. Official nomination of his/her government
2. Application form
3. An explanation of why the applicant is interested in studying or conducting research in Mexico.
4. Curriculum vitae (maximum of 3 pages).
5. Acceptance letter from the Mexican host institution, signed by the responsible party (Director of the International Affairs Office, Director of Academic Exchanges, Head of the Graduate Studies Department, Graduate Studies Coordinator, etc.), stating the length of the studies with the start and end dates and the type of studies.
For research, the acceptance letter should also state that the candidate will receive the mentoring needed for the research project and, if possible, the name of the advisor.
6. Coy of the diploma for the highest degree received.
7. Copy of the transcript for the last degree received showing a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 8/10. If a different scale is used, the equivalent on a 10-point
scale must be submitted.
8. For mobility scholarships, a letter from the applicant’s institution agreeing to give academic credit for the classes or course of study that will be taken in Mexico.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : Applications for the scholarship will be accepted from April 15 to August 31, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.