Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship Programme in South Africa , and applications are submitted till 15 April 2018 . Applications are invited for Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship to provide educational opportunities to young postgraduate students from Africa. Mandela Rhodes Scholarship enables a Scholar to study at a South African tertiary institution registered with the South African Council on Higher Education for an accredited postgraduate degree programme. The Scholarship is awarded for one or a maximum of two years, currently for an Honours or Masters degree. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): at any recognised South African institutions of higher education | South Africa
Level: postgraduate study (Honours and Masters degrees only at present)
Field(s): any field
Deadline: 15 April 2018.
Funded By: The Mandela Rhodes Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship is targeted for Students from Africa (Algeria,Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo-Brazzaville, Congo-Kinshasa, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, São Tomé and Príncipe,
Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for this Mandela Rhodes scholarship.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Scholarship is awarded for one or a maximum of two years, currently for an Honours or Masters degree.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship covers the cost of a Scholar as follows:
‣ The aim of Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship to help in building leadership excellence in Africa. A Mandela Rhodes Scholarship is more than a bursary, though the costs of Scholars are generously covered during their period of study.
‣ The Mandela Rhodes Foundation offers young Africans who exhibit academic prowess as well as broader leadership potential an educational opportunity unique on the continent. While pursuing their chosen post-graduate degree, each Scholar benefits from access to leadership development programmes, rooted in the principles underpinning the Foundation.
‣ In addition to the opportunity to interact with a diverse group of fellow-Scholars that spans the continent and academic disciplines, they become part of a wide-ranging network of young Africans of excellence who are expected to play leadership roles in their fields and societies in the years following their time ‘in residence’.
‣ The scholarship is open to citizens of all African countries;
‣ The scholarship is for postgraduate study at a South African university or tertiary institution (Honours and Masters degrees only);
‣ Any individual between 19 and 30 years of age may apply;
‣ Individuals that reflect in their character a commitment to the four principles of Education, Reconciliation, Leadership and Social Entrepreneurship;
‣ Applicants should have a history of well above average academic results.
Selection Criteria for Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship
‣ The Scholarship programme will seek candidates who identify with the values expressed in the document ‘Characteristics Sought in a Mandela Rhodes Scholar’, further elucidated by the Trustees as follows.
‣ Successful applicants notified by the MRF.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ All applicants apply online using this Online Application Form
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 April 2018.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.