2018 Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) for International Students in Malaysia , and applications are submitted till 31 March. Malaysian Government is offering Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) for pursuing postgraduate and postdoctoral studies at a campus of Malaysian Universities. Each scholarship consists of Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia, an approved tuition fees, monthly maintenance allowance, annual grant for books and internal travel, medical /Health Insurance, installation and Termination grant, thesis allowance and visa. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Malaysia
Field(s): Science and Engineering, Agriculture and Fisheries, Economics and Islamic Finance, Information and Communication Technology, Biotechnology, Biosecurity and Food Safety, Infrastructure and Utility, Environmental Studies, Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy. Applicants may choose any related course within the field/areas mentioned above.
Deadline: 31 March
Funded By: Malaysian Government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Malaysia International Scholarship is targeted for International students
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: Each scholarship consists of Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia, an approved tuition fees, monthly maintenance allowance, annual grant for books and internal travel, medical /Health Insurance, installation and Termination grant, thesis allowance and visa.
‣ The Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS) is an initiative by the Malaysian Government to attract the best brain from around the world to pursue advanced academic studies in Malaysia.
‣ This scholarship aims to support Malaysian Government’s effort to attract, motivate and retain talented human capital from abroad.
‣ Talented international students with excellent academic records and outstanding co-curricular backgrounds are welcomed to apply for this scholarship and further their studies in any selected and well-established Malaysian public and private universities.
‣ This scholarship is divided into two (2) categories of study: Postgraduate and Post-doctoral Studies.
‣ Not be more than 40 years (Postgraduate) and 45 years (Post-doctoral) of age during application.
‣ Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. In addition, for post-doctoral programme, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio and patent copyright. The Post-Doctoral candidate must have excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
‣ Took one of the following English Language Proficiency Test not more than two years before the date of application. The list of tests and minimum scores required: IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5; or TOEFL paper-based test with a score of at least 580 or computer-based test with a score of at least 230 or internet-based test with a score at least 92.
‣ In excellent health condition and certified by a Certified Doctor/Medical Professional. The cost of medical examination is to be borne by the applicants.
‣ Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the field of studies.
‣ Has applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia (conditional letters of offer will be accepted at the time of application or has a confirmation of acceptance or affiliation with the Universities in Malaysia).
Selection Criteria for Malaysia International Scholarship
‣ Applications will be considered according to the following selection criteria:-
GENERAL CONDITION OF AWARD
‣ All applications should be made ONLINE through Ministry of Higher Education’s portal.
For further enquiries, please contact us:-
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION MALAYSIA
LEVEL 2, NO 2, TOWER 2
JALAN P5/6, PRECINT 5
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATIVE CENTRE
Phone : +603 8870 6000 (click here for extension)
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 31 March 2018.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.