2018 LabexMER International Postdoctoral Fellowships in Marine Sciences, France, and applications are submitted till April 15, 2018. LabexMER is offering international postdoctoral fellowships for young scientists to propose their own research project in marine sciences (within the LabexMER research axes) to be carried out in one or several LabexMER laboratories. In order to be eligible, applicants must have received their doctoral degree within the past 3 years at the closing date of the call. The postdoctoral appointment is for a period of two years. Recipients of the awards will receive a net salary of about 2200€ per month. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | France (one or several LabexMER laboratories)
Level: Postdoctoral research programme.
Field(s): LabexMER International Postdoctoral Fellowships allow young scientists to propose their own research project in marine sciences (within the LabexMER research axes) to be carried out in one or several LabexMER laboratories.
Deadline: April 15, 2018.
Funded By: LabexMER
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): LabexMER International Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted for international Students
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The postdoctoral appointment is for a period of two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Recipients of the awards will receive a net salary of about 2200€ per month. In addition, support is available for travel expenses, equipment, and supplies. Work contract will include national health and dental insurance, as well as retirement and unemployment benefits.
‣ The LabexMER partners have created a new post-doctoral program, inspired by successful similar programs such as the U.S.
‣ NOAA Climate Change and Global Change postdoctoral program or WHOI postdoctoral fellowship.
‣ It allow young scientists to propose their own research project in marine sciences (within the LabexMER research axes) to be carried out in one or several LabexMER laboratories.
‣ The competitive LabexMER International Postdoctoral Fellowships awards are designed to further the education and training of the applicant with primary emphasis placed on the individual’s research promise and relevance to Labex Mer research Axis.
.‣ Applicants showing more than 3 years after thesis (maximum 3 years + 6 months) will be considered if they can provide a support letter from one member of the LabexMER Scientific Committee.
‣ Since this program is targeted at international young scientists, applicants holding a French doctoral degree are eligible for the award only if they demonstrate extensive international research experience acquired during or after their PhD.
‣ Successful applicants must be able to present a certified copy of their diploma, or a certified letter from the university officials stating that they have completed all of the requirements for their degree.
‣ It is also expected that candidates will have a command of the English language. Knowledge in French language is not required but the candidate should understand that they are expected to acquire basic knowledge of French during their postdoctoral appointment.
Notification for LabexMER International Postdoctoral Fellowships
‣ Selection will be carried out from June to mid-July 2018
Scholarship Application Method
2018 call is now open :
Appel ouvert jusqu'au / Call open until : 15/4/2018
The candidates will submit
an original research project relevant to one of the Labex research
priorities, and propose collaboration with a local host.
The local host(s) should be
affiliated to one of the LabexMER laboratories and be responsible for
providing adequate office and laboratory space for the duration of
the postdoctoral tenure.
Communication with one or
several potential LabexMER hosts prior to submitting an application
is strongly encouraged.
minimum of three recommendation letters are also requested. The
candidate should direct their reference writers to the LabexMER
administrator. Application is exclusively made online via
the LabexMER website.
Application form will have
to be submitted, as a single pdf document, including the application
form and requested additional documents. In addition to the
formal application form, the following are required:
transcripts of the applicant’s complete undergraduate and graduate records (including up to date transcripts from the applicant’s current university for those who have not yet completed their Ph.D.).
a current CV or resume that shows educational background and work experiences;
a brief synopsis of the applicant’s doctoral dissertation (one page abstract);
a research project (no longer than three pages, including references) describing research interests, in particular those that the applicant would like to pursue within the LabexMER Axis, as well as more general career plans and how a postdoctoral tenure within any of the Labex laboratories would complement their existing experience and preparation.
Applications are due on April 15, 2018.
Application forms and
guidelines can be download from the official website
is important to read the application procedure, and visit the
official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how
to apply for this scholarship.
2018, Fellowships, France, International, Marine Science, Postdoctoral, research