2016 Kupcinet-Getz International Summer School Program In Israel , and applications are submitted till January 15, 2016. The Weizmann Institute of Science, a public research university in Israel is pleased to offer Kupcinet-Getz International Summer School programme. Applicants should be students enrolled in an undergraduate science degree program in the Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematics or Computer Science. BSc and BA degree holders are not eligible to apply. Participants receive a stipend of NIS 500 per week (up to NIS 4,000 in total) for the duration of eight weeks. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): | Israel
Field(s): Interns will participate in research projects in mathematics, physics, chemistry and the life sciences.
Deadline: January 15, 2016
Funded By: The Kupcinet-Getz International Science School
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 Kupcinet-Getz International Summer School Program is targeted for applicants of all nationalities
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The programme will start on June 27, 2016 (exact date TBA) and ends on August 21, 2016 (exact date TBA).
‣ Scholarship covers: Is this paid internship? Interns will receive:-
Stipends: Participants receive a stipend of NIS 500 per week (up to NIS 4,000 in total).
All overseas students are provided with eight weeks of free rooming
in the dormitories of the neighboring Faculty of Agriculture of the
Hebrew University. If you arrive before the beginning of the program,
or stay beyond the end of the program, you are responsible for your
own living arrangements. Special circumstances will be handled on an
Fees: There are NO application, registration, visa or tuition fees.
Travel arrangements and costs: Airfare or any other travel costs are not covered by the program. You are responsible for your own travel arrangements.
Medical Insurance: Upon arrival at the Institute, overseas students must purchase a medical insurance plan for the duration of their stay. Please note that any illnesses contracted before arrival in Israel are generally not covered by these types of insurance plans.
Meal Plan: You are responsible for your own meals during your stay. There are cafeterias available on campus, and cooking facilities are available in the dormitories.
‣ The 2016 Kupcinet-Getz International Science School accepts a select number of outstanding undergraduate students each summer to participate in research projects in mathematics, physics, chemistry and the life sciences .
‣ This is an enrichment program designed for undergraduate students from all over the world who are majoring in the sciences, and it is an opportunity to experience science by becoming part of a research group at the Weizmann Institute.
‣ Participation in the Kupcinet-Getz International Science School has had a significant impact on past participants of the program, reinforcing the students’ interest in conducting research in their future careers.
a student enrolled in an undergraduate science degree program in the
Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematics or
Computer Science. BSc and BA degree holders are not eligible to
‣ give evidence of a serious interest in scientific research. Previous experience is an advantage, but not a requirement.
‣ have a grade point average of 3.6/4.0 or the equivalent in the grades associated with your major subject.
‣ are fluent in English, as English is the language of instruction.
Notification of 2016 Kupcinet-Getz International Summer School Program results
‣ Once the matching process is done, the Feinberg Graduate School notifies you about the results of your application. This is usually done by March 31.
Scholarship Application Method
apply for the 2016 Kupcinet-Getz International Science School, you
must complete an
online application form. In
addition, you are required to upload the following required
‣ Internship Application Due date : Internship application deadline is January 15, 2016.
and guidelines can be download from the official website
It is important to
read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link
found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this