2016 KAIST Research Position for Foreign Graduate and Postdocs in , South Korea , and applications are submitted till 3rd August, 2015.KAIST, South Korea is offering research position for foreign graduates and postdocs. The position is available in the Opto-electro-structural lab, Department of Aerospace Engineering. Graduate students are offered full support of tuition fee and starting monthly stipend KRW 800,000 for master course; KRW 1,000,000 for PhD course (after tax deduction). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | South Korea
Field(s): Positions are available in the Opto-electro-structural lab, Department of Aerospace Engineering.
Deadline: 3rd August 2015
Funded By: KAIST, South Korea
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 KAIST Research Position for Foreign Graduate and Postdocs is targeted for Foreign graduate and postdoctoral students
support of tuition fee + Starting monthly stipend KRW 800,000 for
master course; KRW 1,000,000 for PhD course (after tax deduction).
-Annual salary: 35,000,000 KRW (before KAIST pension, personal pension, retirement allowance deposit, tax deduction) for postdoc.
-Increment depending on research achievement.
-Office utensils supported, including PC, furniture, stationary, etc.
‣ University is looking for dedicated graduate students and postdocs for Opto-electro-structural lab, Department of Aerospace Engineering, KAIST. Their projects are multidisciplinary, related to the application of laser ultrasound technologies, wireless sensing network (WSN), and optical fiber sensors technologies to the non-destructive test and evaluation (NDT&E) and structural health management (SHM) of important engineering structures, such as wind turbines, space launch vehicles, nuclear power plants, and aircrafts. However, the applicant’s background is never limited to these fields. All the projects are applications based with supports from the industries or government, and have great potential to be commercialized. If you are highly motivated, we want to invite you to join our research team or apply to 2016 KAIST Research Position for Foreign Graduate and Postdocs .
‣ Mechatronics, Electrical, Electronics, Signal/image processing, Embedded system (Microcontroller/FPGA), Wireless Sensing Network, Programming (C/C++, LabVIEW), Mechatronics, Aeronautics, Aerospace, Aerospace material, Mechanical engineering and/or Materials background.
‣ Minimum English requirement: PBT 560, CBT 220, iBT 83, IELTS 6.5, TEPS 599, TOEIC 720 or higher.
‣ Minimum CGPA during undergraduate: 3.0 / 4.0.
‣ Top ranked domestic and international school in the applicants’ country
‣ Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Detail resume with a recent photo, copies of academic certificates and English test result, one A4 page statement-of-purpose (your personality, motivation to join this field of study, reasons of application and personal goals, future plan after your graduation, etc).
‣ For the post-doctorate applicant, the minimum workable period should be addressed in the resume.
‣ Send application or enquiry to oeslab.kaist-at-gmail.com
‣ Please send along with your other required documents
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 3rd August, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.