2016 ITTO Fellowship Programme for International Students, Japan, and applications are submitted till 21 August 2015 , Fellowship activities should start later than 1 February 2016 , Results of the Selection Panel will be posted on http://www.itto.int by the end of November 2015. Applications are invited for ITTO Fellowship Programme available for international students from ITTO Member countries in the field of tropical forestry, tropical timber industries and related disciplines. Fellowship programme is available for participation in international/regional conferences, short-term training courses, training internships at industries, research and educational institutions, study tours, and lecture/demonstration tours and postgraduate studies. The maximum amount for a fellowship is US$10,000. Approved Fellowships are non-transferable to other programmes or institutions. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Japan
(available for participation in international/regional conferences,
short-term training courses, training internships at industries,
research and educational institutions, study tours, and
lecture/demonstration tours and postgraduate studies.)
forestry, tropical timber industries and related disciplines.
Deadline: Deadline: 21
August 2015 ,
Tropical Timber Organization
Groups): 2016 ITTO Fellowship Programme is targeted for Only nationals of ITTO member countries (Africa: Benin, Cameroon, Congo, Côte D’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Ghana, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique and Togo; Asia & Pacific: Cambodia, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Vietnam; Latin America: Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago;
Consuming: Albania, Australia, China, European Union, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Japan, New Zealand, Norway, Republic of Korea, Switzerland and United States of America).
‣ Award No: ITTO Fellowship Programme encourages capacity development of women foresters, and has supported 340 women to undertake fellowship activities.
‣ Scholarship Duration:
‣ Scholarship covers: The maximum amount for a fellowship is US$10,000. ITTO Fellowships provides tuition/training/conference fees, transportation fees, daily subsistence allowance, book allowance and other allowances. For postgraduate studies, only a partial tuition fee or a small research grant can be provided. Approved Fellowships are non-transferable to other programmes or institutions
‣ ITTO offers 2016 ITTO Fellowship Programme through the Freezailah Fellowship Fund to promote human resource development and to strengthen professional expertise in member countries in tropical forestry and related disciplines.
The goal is to
promote the sustainable management of tropical forests, the efficient
use and processing of tropical timber and better economic information
about the international trade in tropical timber.
To develop human
resources and enhance professional expertise in member countries in
tropical forestry, tropical timber industries and related
disciplines, with a view to promoting sustainable management of
tropical forests, efficient utilization and processing of tropical
timber, and better economic information on the international trade in
‣ Only nationals of ITTO Member countries are eligible to apply.
‣ Awards are to be made to individuals not to institutions.
‣ Previous ITTO Fellowship awardees are not eligible to apply for another ITTO Fellowship within two years of receiving the first award and submitting to the Secretariat a final report on the activity for which the award was made.
Selection Criteria for 2016 ITTO Fellowship Programme
Fellowship applications will be assessed against the following selection criteria (in no priority order):
‣ Consistency of the proposed activity with the Programme’s objective and priority areas;
‣ Qualifications of the applicant to undertake the proposed Fellowship activity;
‣ The potential of the skills and knowledge acquired or advanced under the fellowship activity to lead to wider applications and benefits nationally and internationally;
‣ Reasonableness of costs in relation to the proposed Fellowship activity.
Additional consideration will be given to:
‣ Geographical and gender balance;
‣ Balance among the ITTO priority areas;
‣ Competency in the language in which the training will be given, where applicable (e.g. courses, conferences, study tours).
‣ The ITTO Fellowships are awarded mainly to nationals of developing countries.
‣ However, ITTO may award Fellowships to nationals of consumer developed countries when:
(a) the activities for which the awards are made are carried out in Producer Member countries and the activities tend to benefit Producer Member countries; and/or
(b) there is evidence of technology transfer for activities to be carried out in developed countries.
‣ Results of the Selection Panel will be posted on http://www.itto.int by the end of November 2015.. Only successful fellowship applicants will be notified. The list of successful fellowship applicants will be posted on the ITTO website.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 21 August 2015
• Fellowship activities should start later than 1 February 2016
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...