2017 ICTP-IAEA Sandwich Training Educational Programme (STEP) Fellowships , and applications are submitted till 15 August and 15 February of each year. IAEA Department of Technical Cooperation through the IAEA Technical Cooperation Fund is offering fellowships to candidates from the IAEA member States. These fellowships are awarded to PhD students in the fields of physics and mathematics. The fellowships are awarded for a period of at least three months to be spent by the fellows at host institutes during the first year and it may be renewed for up to two additional successive years. The STEP fellowship includes a stipend of EU 1,400 per month during each stay at the host institute as well as the costs of travel and medical insurance. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Italy (Training and/or research can also take place at the IAEA laboratories of Seibersdorf, Vienna and the IAEA Marine Laboratory in Monaco).
STEP offers 2016 ICTP-IAEA Sandwich Training Educational Programme to
candidates from the IAEA member States in the following fields:
atomic and nuclear physics, nuclear, isotope and laser techniques
applied to: human health, agriculture, biotechnology and
Biophotonics, water resources and environmental studies, synchrotron
radiation and applications and medical radiation physics. Fellowships
are also provided by the ICTP within its scientific and technical
competence to candidates from developing
the fields: condensed matter and statistical physics, high energy
physics, mathematics, earth system physics, applied physics
(including micro- and nano-electronics, fluid dynamics and dense
plasma source physics).
Course Level: Fellowships are awarded to
PhD candidates for pursuing research and training programme at one of
the following institutions located in the Trieste geographical area:
the ICTP, Elettra Synchrotron Light Facility, Trieste Laser
Laboratory, University of Trieste, IOM-CNR TASC Laboratory, INFN,
Jozef Stefan International Postgraduate School in Ljubljana,
International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA), National Institute
of Oceanography and Applied Geophysics-OGS, International Centre for
Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB), Regional Agency for
Environmental Protection of Friuli Venezia Giulia, and the hospitals
of Udine and Trieste.
August and 15 February of each year, for applications to be
considered at the spring meeting and at the fall meeting,
respectively, of the STEP selection Committee.
Department of Technical Cooperation through the IAEA Technical
Groups): 2017 ICTP-IAEA
Sandwich Training Educational Programme is targeted for Candidates
from the IAEA member States: Afghanistan, Albania,
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada,
Cuba, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Egypt, El Salvador, Ethiopia,
France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Holy See, Hungary,
Iceland, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea,
Myanmar, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Socialist Federal Rep. of Yugoslavia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Venezuela, Vietnam, Belgium, Ecuador, Finland, Iran, Luxembourg, Mexico, Philippines, Sudan, Iraq, Chile, Colombia, Ghana, Senegal, Lebanon, Mali, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Liberia, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Bolivia, Côte d’Ivoire, Libya, Syria, Uruguay, Cameroon, Gabon, Kuwait, Nigeria, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Jamaica, Kenya, Madagascar, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Jamaica, Kenya, Madagascar, Jordan, Panama, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Uganda, Liechtenstein, Malaysia, Niger, Zambia, Ireland, Bangladesh, Mongolia, Mauritius, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Tanzania, Nicaragua, Namibia, China Zimbabwe, Estonia, Slovenia, Armenia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Slovakia, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Kazakhstan, Marshall Islands, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Latvia, Malta, Moldova, Burkina Faso, Angola, Benin, Tajikistan, Azerbaijan, Central African Republic, Serbia, Eritrea, Botswana, Honduras, Seychelles, Kyrgyzstan, Mauritania, Chad, Belize, Malawi, Montenegro, Mozambique, Cabo Verde, Nepal, Palau, Bahrain, Burundi, Cambodia, Congo, Lesotho, Oman, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Tonga, Dominica, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, San Marino, Swaziland, Bahamas and Brunei Darussalam can apply for this Sandwich Training Educational Programme (STEP).
No: Not Specified
ICTP-IAEA Sandwich Training Educational Programme are
awarded for a period of at least three months to be spent by the
fellows at host institutes during the first year. Pending the
approval of the host institute and the two supervisors, the
fellowship is renewable for up to two additional successive years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The 2017 ICTP-IAEA Sandwich Training Educational Programme includes a stipend of EU 1,400 per month during each stay at the host institute as well as the costs of travel and medical insurance. It is understood that, during all other periods not covered by the STEP fellowship, i.e. when at the home institute, all support needed for continuing and finishing the fellow’s research work is provided by other funding sources.
‣ The 2017 ICTP-IAEA Sandwich Training Educational Programme (STEP) aims at offering fellowship opportunities to PhD students from developing countries in the fields of physics and mathematics.
‣ The goal of the STEP is to strengthen the scientific capability of young scientists and researchers from developing countries to better contribute and serve the scientific, technical and economic development of their home countries.
‣ Applications are expected from students in developing countries who are enrolled in a PhD course at their home university.
‣ PhD students who are supervised by an ICTP Associate are encouraged to apply.
‣ The programme aims at an equitable participation of fellows, and therefore especially welcomes applications from woman scientists.
‣ Awards are assigned by the merit of the thesis proposed by the home country advisor, as decided by the STEP selection committee.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be submitted by post to the followling address:
ICTP-IAEA Sandwich Training Educational Programme
c/o Office of External Activities
Fermi Bldg., Via Beirut, 6
Telephone no. +39 040 22 40 322
Telefax no. +39 040 22 40 443
e-mail: email@example.comApplication forms:
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: Deadlines to submit applications are: 15 August and 15 February of each year, for applications to be considered at the spring meeting and at the fall meeting, respectively, of the STEP selection Committee.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.