2016 Iberdrola Foundation Scholarships for Master’s Studies in Energy and Environment, USA , and applications are submitted from December 4, 2015 to February 26, 2016 . Applications are invited for Iberdrola Foundation scholarships to undertake master's studies in Energy and the Environment at the University of Rochester or University of Maine. Scholarships are intended for students of Spanish or US nationality. The duration of the scholarship will be a maximum of one calendar year. In the selection process, candidates will be assessed on aspects such as submitted academic marks, curriculum and letters of reference, and applications including a certificate accrediting admission in either university for the Fall Term of the 2015-2016 academic year will be particularly highly valued. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: master studies at the University of Rochester and University of Maine.
Field(s): Renewable energies, Sustainable energy systems, The environment, Clean combustion technologies and emissions management, Energy efficiency, Energy storage, Electric vehicles and Smart grids.
Deadline: from December 4, 2015 to February 26, 2016 .
Funded By: Iberdrola Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 Iberdrola Foundation Scholarships are targeted for International Students
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of the scholarship will be a maximum of one calendar year from the beginning of the studies programme. In exceptional cases, the Scholarship may be extended for an additional year, subject to a new application and the authorization of Fundación IBERDROLA. The contribution and conditions shall be those stipulated in the new announcement for the following year. The endowment and conditions will be as contemplated in the new call for the next year.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarship will cover the following:
-Enrolment at the university in the United States, with no limit.
-$25.200 a year to cover per diem and material expenses. This amount will be paid out in $2.100 monthly installments.
-Payment of the monthly allowance will begin in September 2015 and end on August 2016.
‣ Iberdrola wishes to reinforce its contribution to improving the quality of life of the people in territories and countries in which it operates, and with this aim carries out a social project through the Fundación Iberdrola that intends to efficiently respond to fundamental social demands, making use of the business strengths and capabilities of Iberdrola.
‣ data-custom-mark="true"To this end, Fundación IBERDROLA presents its Call of data-custom-mark="true"2016 Iberdrola Foundation Scholarships data-custom-mark="true" for Master’s Studies in Energy and the Environment in USA, in order to contribute to excellence in training in the energy field, with special emphasis on renewable energy, the protection of the environment, as well as the efficiency of the energy system.
must be in possession of a bachelor or master’s degree from a
recognized university on submission of the application. If the
applicant is still in the final year of the academic course
2014-2015, the grant will be contingent upon whether the applicant
secures the university degree at the end of the academic cycle in
June/July 2015 with the same average grades or greater than the
grades at the time of the call for applications.
must follow the usual procedure for enrolling at the university they
wish to attend.
submitted by students who have not applied for enrolment at the
university will be rejected during the selection process.
may not receive any remuneration or wages or be in receipt of any
scholarship, financial aid or other award Iberdrola Foudation of a
similar nature from institutions and public or private foundations
during the period that the scholarship is awarded for.
presented by candidates with a grade point average (GPA) during the
pursuit of the degree lower than 3.5 for universities in the USA and
below 7.0 on scale 10 for Spanish universities will be rejected.
who have been awarded Scholarships in previous announcements are
excluded from assessment.
Selection Criteria for 2016 Iberdrola Foundation Scholarships
selection process will include an initial shortlist of candidates,
taking into account academic qualifications, their CV, the
interest of their project of studies and reference letters.
Iberdrola will especially take into account applications that
provide the accredited certificate of final admission to any of
the universities for the Fall Term of the academic year 2015-2016.
Iberdrola USA Foundation, Inc. will notify the applicants selected by
March 31th, 2016.
final list of candidates and a list of substitutes will be
published in the Training and Research activity section of
the Fundación Iberdrola website on June 15th, 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Those interested should fill out the online registration form and attach the required information therein.
Applications are due on 26 February
Application forms and
guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.