2016 HPI PhD Studentships in Computer Science at University of Cape Town, South Africa , and applications are submitted till July 15, 2015. The Hasso-Plattner-Institute invites applications for PhD studentships in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Cape Town. These scholarships are awarded to students from the African continent. Applicants must hold a Masters Degree in Computer Science, supported by a good dissertation and be proficient in English as attested by a recent score. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | South Africa
Level: PhD programme.
Field(s): Studentship is awarded in the field of Computer Science. Areas of research of potential supervisors include: Computer Graphics, Database Management Systems, Information Retrieval, Computer Networks, Human Computer Interaction, Technologies/Systems for Development, Artificial Intelligence and Security.
Deadline: July 15, 2015
Funded By: The Hasso-Plattner-Institute in Computer Science for Africa (HPI in CS4A), affiliated with the Department of Computer Science at the University of Cape
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 HPI PhD Studentships are targeted for applicants from Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire,
Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for these scholarships.
‣ No. of awards: not specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : not known
‣Value of Scholarship : not known
‣ The Hasso-Plattner-Institute in Computer Science for Africa (HPI in CS4A), affiliated with the Department of Computer Science at the University of Cape Town, is offering PhD studentships in the field of Computer Science to students from the African continent. For more specifically, they seek high quality applications centered on ideas that revolve around proposing solutions to problems of computing that emerge in the African context.
‣ Applicants must hold a Masters Degree in Computer Science, supported by a good dissertation
‣ Be proficient in English as attested by a recent score (obtained within 3 – 5 years before application for admission) of at least 570 (paper-based test) or 230 (computer-based test) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); or a recent overall band score of 7.0 (with no individual element of the test scoring below 6.0) on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Scholarship Application Method
‣ To apply, please submit the following application materials electronically:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on July 15, 2015.
‣ Application forms ( Online Application )
and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.