2016 Graca Machel Scholarships for Women in South Africa, and applications are submitted till 28 July 2015for study commencing in 2015. Canon Collins Educational and Legal Assistance Trust is inviting application for Graça Machel Scholarships for Women. Scholarships are available for pursuing honours, masters and PhD study at South African universities. Funding for up to a maximum of one year for Honours, two years for Masters and three years for PhD. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country):South African universities | South Africa
any of the courses offered by the South African universities.
28 July 2015 for study commencing in 2016-18.
By: Canon Collins
Educational and Legal Assistance Trust
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 Graxa Machel Scholarships are targeted for students of SADC countries (Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe) can apply for these scholarships.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Funding for up to a maximum of one year for honours, two years for Masters and three years for PhD.
‣ Scholarship covers: The 2015 Graca Machel Scholarships covers full tuition fees, a stipend towards living costs, and a travel allowance. Awards in 2015 were as follows: - Tuition fees paid in full; -Stipend of ZAR 52,000 for South Africans, and ZAR 60,000 for non-South Africans; -Travel allowance (for scholars coming to South Africa from other SADC countries only) of ZAR 7,000.
Collins Trust seeks to support exceptional individuals who are
committed to social justice in Southern Africa and for whom a
postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create
an open and just society.
In early 2015 the Trust revised its South African scholarship awards policy. For the next 3 years we will be offering scholarships only to those studying in three areas:
1. Justice, which includes Law, Economics, Politics and the Environment
2. Education policy and practice
3. Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
Applications for courses that are not within these areas (for example MBAs, medical sciences, sports sciences, applied sciences) will be rejected.
Collins Trust invites applications for the 2015 Graca Machel
Scholarships for women, for postgraduate study in South Africa in
‣ We will provide funding for up to a maximum of one year for Honours, two years for Masters and three years for PhD. Continued funding will depend on satisfactory progress and academic reports.
‣ A national of and normally resident in one of the SADC countries: Angola, Botswana, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe; -In possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application;
‣ Studying or applying to study at a South African university.
Selection criteria for 2016 Graca Machel Scholarships
‣ In selecting 2015 Graca Machel Scholarships scholars, the Trust will apply a number of criteria including academic merit, need and the potential to contribute to southern Africa’s future prosperity.
‣ We are looking for future leaders in their fields and therefore demonstrable leadership qualities are important.
‣ The past achievements of the applicant, present commitment to further study, as well as their future plans, will be assessed in relation to how that will contribute to the development of southern Africa.
‣ Applicants for all schemes within the 2015 Graca Machel Scholarships Programme will be assessed on the basis of the information that they supply on their application form against the criteria outlined below:
‣ Applicants should have a minimum of an upper second-class (merit) undergraduate or Honours degree and excellent references.
‣ Applicants with a first class degree will have a distinct advantage.
Notification for 2016 Graca Machel Scholarships
‣ We will be interviewing shortlisted applicants by telephone in October 2014. We will let you know the outcome of your application in November 2014.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants must apply to their chosen universities separately and awards are conditional on the applicant being offered a place at the relevant university.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 28 July 2014 for study commencing in 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.