2016 EURIAS Fellowship Programme for International Researchers , and applications are submitted till June 5, 2015. The European Institutes for Advanced Study (EURIAS) is offering 43 international fellowships (22 junior and 22 senior positions) in Humanities and Social sciences. The Fellowship Programme is an international researcher mobility programme offering 10-month residencies in one of the 16 participating Institutes. All IAS have agreed on common standards, including the provision of a living allowance (in the range of €26,000 for a junior fellow and €38,000 for a senior fellow), accommodation (or a mobility allowance), a research budget, plus coverage of travel expenses. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Bologna(Italy), Budapest (Hungary), Cambridge, Edinburgh (UK), Berlin, Delmenhorst, Freiburg (Germany), Helsinki (Finland), Jerusalem (Israel), Lyon, Marseille, Paris (France), Uppsala (Sweden), Vienna (Austria), Wassenaar (Netherlands), Zürich (Switzerland). Applicants may select up to three IAS outside their country of nationality or residence as possible host institutions.
Level: research programme
Field(s): 2016 EURIAS Fellowship Programme is mainly offered in the fields of the humanities and social sciences but may also be granted to scholars in life and exact sciences, provided that their proposed research project does not require laboratory facilities and that it interfaces with humanities and social sciences.
Deadline: June 5, 2015.
Funded By: The European Institutes for Advanced Study (EURIAS)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 EURIAS Fellowship Programme is targeted for worldwide scholars
‣ Award No: For the 2016-2017 academic year, EURIAS offers 43 fellowships (21 junior and 22 senior positions).
‣ Scholarship Duration: The EURIAS Fellowship Programme offers two types of 10-month fellowships according to research experience: junior and senior.
‣ Scholarship covers: All IAS have agreed on common standards, including the provision of a living allowance (in the range of € 26,000 for a junior fellow and € 38,000 for a senior fellow), accommodation (or a mobility allowance), a research budget, plus coverage of travel expenses.
‣ The European Institutes for Advanced Study (EURIAS) Fellowship Programme is an international researcher mobility programme offering 10-month residencies in one of the 16 participating Institutes: Berlin, Bologna, Budapest, Cambridge, Delmenhorst, Edinburgh, Freiburg, Helsinki, Jerusalem, Lyon, Marseille, Paris, Uppsala, Vienna, Wassenaar, Zürich.
‣ The Institutes for Advanced Study support the focused, self-directed work of outstanding researchers. The 2016 EURIAS Fellowship Programme fellows benefit from the finest intellectual and research conditions and from the stimulating environment of a multi-disciplinary and international community of first-rate scholars.
‣ Degree: At the time of the application, researchers must be in possession of a doctoral degree plus 2 years of full-time research experience after the degree. Exception is made for Law scholars who are eligible with a Master +6 years of full-time research experience after the degree. (PhD training is not considered in the calculation of experience).
‣ Mobility: Researchers from all countries are eligible to the programme but one cannot apply to an institute located in his/her country of residence. Exception is made for applicants who have spent no more than 12 months in their country of residence during the last three years prior to the application.
‣ The programme is open to all disciplines in the fields of humanities and social sciences.
It also welcomes applications from the arts, life and exact sciences provided that:
‣ Age: There is no age discrimination.
Selection Criteria for 2016 EURIAS Fellowship Programme
‣ The selection of applicants who are eligible for a fellowship is competitive, merit-based and conducted through an internationally independent and recognized peer review process.
‣ It meets the highly demanding excellence standards of the participating Institutes for Advanced Study. The EURIAS Fellowship Programme undertakes a detailed qualitative assessment according to the following criteria:
(i) Scientific excellence of the applicant: career path; international experience; quality of publications; capacity to carry out the research proposal and ability to forge beyond disciplinary specialisation
(ii) Quality of the research proposal: innovative and path-breaking quality of the proposal; connexion to current debates and literature; sound theoretical and methodological framework; feasibility of the work programme; interdisciplinary potential of the research proposal; expected output and significance of the proposal for the international academic community
‣ Results of the pre-selection by EURIAS Scientific Committee will be announced by Mid-November, 2015 and Publication of IAS final selections will be in Mid-January, 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications are submitted via online.
‣ In order to provide evaluators with relevant information to perform their work efficiently, EURIAS fellowship applicants have to submit (in English exclusively):
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on June 5, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.