2016 Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship for International Students, Australia , and applications are submitted till 30th June 2015. Each year Australian Government awards Endeavour postgraduate scholarship for international students. These are internationally competitive, merit-based scholarships programme. The awards are offered to undertake a postgraduate qualification at a Master’s or PhD level either by coursework or research in any field of study. The award provides financial support up to 2 years for a master’s and up to 4 years for a PhD. Recipients must commence their approved programme after 1 January 2016 but no later than 30 November 2016. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Australia
Level: postgraduate qualification at a Master’s or PhD level either by coursework or research at Australian universities.
Field(s): There are no limitations on fields of study for the Award categories.
Deadline: 30th June 2015.
Funded By: Australian Government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship is targeted for Students from following countries can apply for the Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship. Americas: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela. Asia: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, China (People’s Republic), Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea (Republic of Korea – South), Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam. The Caribbean: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago. Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (including Reunion), Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom (including Northern Ireland). Middle East: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey,
United Arab Emirates, Yemen. Pacific: Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia (Federated states), Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand (including Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau), Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis and Futuna.
‣ Award No: not specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship provides financial support up to 2 years for a Master’s and up to 4 years for a PhD.
‣ Scholarship covers: All recipients of Endeavour postgraduate scholarship will receive:
‣ 2016 Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship and Fellowships are internationally competitive, merit-based scholarships provided by the Australian Government that support citizens around the world to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia and for Australians to do the same overseas.
‣ The Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships build Australia’s reputation for excellence in the provision of education and research, support the internationalisation of the Australian higher education and research sectors and offer high-achieving Australians opportunities to increase their knowledge and expertise in their field.
‣ be aged 18 years or over at the commencement of their programme
‣ be a citizen and/or permanent resident of a participating country (section 8)
‣ commence their proposed programme after 1 January 2016 and no later than 30 November 2016. Applicants who have already commenced or will commence their intended
‣ provide all relevant supporting documentation (section 9)
‣ not currently hold or have completed, after 1 January 2014, an Australian Government sponsored scholarship and/or fellowship (directly administered to recipients by the Australian Government).
‣ not apply for a category in which they have already completed an Endeavour scholarship or fellowship.
Selection Criteria for 2016 Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship
‣ The selection criteria for all categories of the Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships are the same.
‣ The following are the selection criteria and their relative weighting:
Notification for 2016 Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship
‣ The department will email all successful and unsuccessful applicants regarding the outcome of their applications by the end of December 2015.
‣ Due to the high volume of applications received, the department does not provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
‣ There may be a number of reasons why an application does not pass through to the next stage.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications must be submitted using the Endeavour Online Application system using the Online Application form
‣ Applicants are encouraged to commence their applications early and submit their application as early as possible during the application period due to the large volume of users on the system in the lead up to the closing date.
‣ Submitting early ensures that you will not have any last minute technical problems due to the large number of applications being submitted.
‣ The Endeavour Online application system will not allow you to submit your application unless you have filled in all the required components.
‣ Once you have completed your application through Endeavour Online, a submit button will appear.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due Date : Applications for the 2016 close at 11.59 pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time) on 30 June 2015. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that their application and supporting documentation is submitted by the closing date. Applications (including supporting documentation) received after the closing date will not be considered. Incomplete and/or late applications will not be accepted.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.