2016 Elsevier Awards for Early-Career Women Scientists from Developing Counties , and applications are submitted till 1 September 2015. The Elsevier Foundation, TWAS and OWSD have launched Elsevier awards for women scientists from developing countries. In 2015 year, total five awards will be awarded worth of USD 5,000. The winners will also be invited to attend international events pertaining to OWSD and TWAS. The assessment will be based on achievements in the field, with particular attention paid to the nominees’ publications in international peer-reviewed journals. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Awards ( Early-Career Women
Field(s): The awards are assigned in the following fields (see the attached annex for detailed information):
2016: Biological Sciences: agriculture, biology and medicine
2017: Engineering Sciences: engineering, innovation and technology
2018: Physical Sciences: chemistry, maths and physics
Deadline: 1 September 2015
Funded By: The Elsevier Foundation, TWAS and OWSD
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 Elsevier Awards are targeted for Citizens of Latin America and the Caribbean: Belize, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru and Suriname, Arab region; Comoros Islands, Djibouti, Mauritania, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen, Sub-Saharan Africa: Angola, Belize, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar,
Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
Central and South Asia: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Nepal, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan and East and South-East Asia and the Pacific: Bhutan, Cambodia, Indonesia, Kiribati, Korea DPR, Lao PDR, Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Timor-Leste, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Vietnam can apply.
‣ Award No: Five Awards are given annually, one each to a female scientist from one of five regions.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: The winners each receive a cash prize of US$5,000, plus all-expenses paid attendance at the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), which in 2015 will be in San Jose, California; as well as one year’s access to Elsevier’s Science Direct and Scopus journals. In addition, this year, given that the award is in Physics and Mathematics, the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) is offering each of the winners free attendance and accommodation at one of ICTP’s renowned workshops or conferences in Trieste, Italy.
‣ This year’s 2016 Elsevier Awards in Physics and Maths are for Early-Career Women Scientists in the Developing World.
– OWSD Members – if you know a young, gifted and determined
mathematician or physicist who deserves recognition and
encouragement, and who has demonstrated her commitment to enabling
other women scientists to build successful research careers, fill out
the nomination form below! The deadline is 17 October 2014.
‣ Candidates must be female early-career scientists (within ten years of earning their PhD degree).
‣ At nomination, candidates must have lived and worked for at least three years in one of the countries listed in the nomination form.
Selection Criteria for 2015 Elsevier Awards
‣ The assessment will be based on achievements in the field, with particular attention paid both to the nominees’ contribution to capacity-building in their region, as well as international impact.
‣ Winners will be informed of their selection in November/December 2015.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Download the 2016 EF Awards nomination form here.
‣ Nominations need to be made on the Awards nomination form here. and be signed by the nominator; they must include the candidate’s curriculum vitae and full list of publications; and be accompanied by three reference letters.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1 September 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
For more Information about 2016 Elsevier Awards