2016 Ekwueme Research Fellowship at United Nations University, Netherlands , and applications are submitted till 15 October 2015. United Nations University is inviting applications for Ekwueme fellowship, starting March 2016. Fellows must be of Nigerian nationality and must be working on Governance research. The fellowship recipient receives a fellowship including coverage of the tuition fees for enrollment in the years 2, 3 and 4. (6.000 euro each, in total 18.000 euro). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Netherlands
research fellowship programme.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 Ekwueme Research Fellowship is targeted for applicants of Nigerian nationality
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The fellowship will be offered every other year, with first fellow selected in the application round.
fellowship recipient receives a fellowship including coverage of the
tuition fees for enrollment in the years 2, 3 and 4. (6.000 euro
each, in total 18.000 euro)
-The fellowship recipient will pay him/herself the tuition for year one (8.000 euro), as well as tuition for all years that he/she will remain enrolled after year four.
-The fellowship recipient will pay his/her own travel expenses , visa/permit expenses, accommodation expenses in Maastricht, fieldwork expenses, books and other expenses.
‣ Starting March 2016 (application deadline 15 October 2015), the GPAC2 programme offers the option to apply for the Ekwueme fellowship.
‣ The 2016 Ekwueme Research Fellowship is called after Nigeria’s first vice president and the founder of the political party PDP. He risked his life to stand up to the military dictatorship in Nigeria thus ending the country’s military rule and commencing our present democratic government which started in 1999.
‣ Fellows must be Nigerian nationality.
‣ Fellows must be working on Governance research.
‣ Fellow is younger than 40 when applying
‣ The fellowship recipient will complete the application form – and fulfill all programme application requirements, before 15 October 2015.
‣ The fellowship recipient applies for the fellowship, starting the GPAC2 programme on 1 March 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please use the online application form, to apply for the programme. When filling in the form you will be asked to provide the documents listed below.
‣ Please note that all documents need to be provided digitally; official documents need to be scanned:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15 October 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.