2016 Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship for Women from Developing Countries in USA , and applications are submitted till January 15, 2016. International Peace Research Association Foundation is awarding up to two Senesh fellowship for Women from Developing Countries. Fellowships are available for applicants who have completed a Bachelor’s degree, who have been accepted into a graduate program and whose graduate work is to be focused on issues related to the goals of IPRA. The Fellowships provide $5,000 per year for two years for both women, for a total of $10,000 each. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
and development studies.
Peace Research Association Foundation
Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship
is targeted for Women from developing countries (Afghanistan, Gambia,
Mozambique, Bangladesh, The Guinea, Myanmar, Benin, Guinea-Bissau,
Nepal, Burkina Faso, Haiti, Niger, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Cambodia,
Korea, Dem Rep., Sierra Leone, Central African Republic, Kyrgyzstan,
Somalia, Liberia, Tajikistan, Comoros, Madagascar, Tanzania, Malawi,
Togo, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Mali, Uganda, Ethiopia, Mauritania,
Zimbabwe, Albania, Indonesia, Samoa, Armenia, India, Sao Tome and
Principe, Belize, Iraq, Senegal, Bhutan, Kiribati, Solomon Islands,
Bolivia, Kosovo, South Sudan, Cameroon, Laos, Sri Lanka, Cape Verde,
Lesotho, Sudan, Congo, Rep., Marshall Islands, Swaziland, Ivory
Coast, Micronesia, Federated States of Micronesia, Syrian Arab
Republic, Djibouti, Moldova, Timor-Leste, Egypt, Arab Rep., Mongolia,
Tonga, El Salvador, Morocco, Ukraine, Fiji, Nicaragua, Uzbekistan,
Vanuatu, Ghana, Pakistan, Vietnam, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, West Bank and Gaza, Guyana, Paraguay, Yemen, Rep., Honduras, Philippines, Zambia, Angola, Ecuador, Palau, Algeria, Gabon, Panama, American Samoa, Grenada, Peru, Antigua and Barbuda, Iran, Islamic Rep., Romania, Argentina, Jamaica, Russian Federation, Azerbaijan, Jordan, Serbia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Seychelles, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Latvia, South Africa, Botswana, Lebanon, St. Lucia, Brazil, Libya, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Suriname, Chile, Macedonia, Thailand, China, Malaysia, Tunisia, Colombia, Maldives, Turkey, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Turkmenistan, Cuba, Mexico, Tuvalu, Dominica, Montenegro and Uruguay) are eligible for these Senesh fellowships.
fellowships will be awarded.
are awarded for the duration of two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Fellowships provide $5,000 per year for two years for both women, for a total of $10,000 each.
‣ The International Peace Research Association Foundation invites applications for the 2016 Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship in Peace and Development Studies for Women from developing countries. Dorothy Senesh was a long-time activist for international peace and justice.
‣ Her husband Lawrence established this fellowship following her death in 1989. The first award was made at the IPRA 25th Anniversary meeting, July 1990, in Groningen, Netherlands and has been made biennially ever since.
‣ Funds will only be dispersed when the selected candidate is admitted into a graduate program. Awards are considered based on need; therefore students with substantial funding sources are less likely to be considered for the award.
Selection Criteria for 2016 Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship
‣ Awards are considered based on need; therefore students with substantial funding sources are less likely to be considered for the award.
‣ Award will be announced by March 1, 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be sent via email.
‣ Find the Application Form
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on January 15, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.