2016 DLGS Doctoral Fellowships at Dresden University of Technology in Germany , and applications are submitted till September 15, 2016. The DLGS –Dresden Leibniz Graduate School offers doctoral fellowships for up to three years starting in March 2016 at Dresden University of Technology (TUD). The sixth DLGS cohort is oriented towards making cities and regions more sustainable, resilient and inclusive. Applications from outside of Germany are particularly welcome. Admission to DLGS is without regard to age, race, gender, handicap, religion or nationality. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: doctoral programme
Field(s): The research topic: “Sustainable, Resilient and Inclusive Cities and Regions”. Doctoral Candidates investigate new concepts, instruments and policies for promoting social development, economic growth, and environmentally sustainable urban and regional development.
Deadline: September 15, 2016.
Funded By: Dresden University of Technology (TUD).
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 DLGS Doctoral Fellowships are targeted for German and International fellows
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The DLGS offers Doctoral Fellowships at TU Dresden for up to three years. In general, the first year of the structured programme is devoted to intensive work in courses and on the development of the doctoral thesis project.
The second year is given over to empirical work, including field work. In the third year the primary aim is successful completion of the doctoral thesis. In individual cases, this general schedule may vary according to the specific needs of the candidate.
‣ Scholarship covers: In general, the fellowship provides the following: a fixed monthly stipend for the fellows’ living expenses in Dresden (determined by the DFG – German Research Foundation), funds to attend the DLGS academic programme (including German lessons for non-native speakers of German language), limited funds for project-related travel and other research expenses, and the round-trip airfare to Germany (both subject to approval by the DLGS management board). There is no additional family supplement provided to fellows accompanied by a partner and/or children.
‣ The DLGS – Dresden Leibniz Graduate School is a joint activity of the Technische Universität Dresden (TUD), the Leibniz Institute of Ecological Urban and Regional Development, Dresden (IÖR), and the Academy for Spatial Research and Planning, Hannover (ARL).
‣ The DLGS offers 2016 DLGS Doctoral Fellowships at TU Dresden for up to three years. Applications are reviewed once a year.
‣ The sixth DLGS cohort is oriented towards making cities and regions more sustainable, resilient and inclusive.
‣ Doctoral Candidates investigate new concepts, instruments and policies for promoting social development, economic growth, and environmentally sustainable urban and regional development.
‣ Applications from outside of Germany are particularly welcome.
‣ All applicants must be capable of fluently speaking and writing English (confirmed by official certification), and be comfortable with working in teams. Successful applicants must take up residence in Dresden, and be regularly / daily present at DLGS premises during working hours.
‣ Fellowship holders must comply with the regulations for a doctoral degree issued by the relevant faculties of the Dresden University of Technology from which they are to get their doctoral degree.
Selection Criteria for 2016 DLGS Doctoral Fellowships
‣ Admission to DLGS is without regard to age, race, gender, handicap, religion or nationality. Selection is based on academic qualifications and on applicant’s potential to succeed.
‣ Successful candidates will be invited to attend a second Skype or telephone interview in November or December. Applicants will be informed of the final outcome of the selection process in January of the year after their application.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply for a DLGS Fellowship in three steps:
Step 1–DLGS Registration
Step 2–Completion of online form: All documents listed below must be submitted to complete your application, including:
‣ The filled-out Application Form, including an outline of your doctoral proposal. Official transcripts of master’s certificates and other supporting documents must be uploaded to the online application system.
‣ If master’s certificates are not available before application deadline, you are requested to upload transcripts of records or mark sheets. Applicants from non-English speaking countries should supply evidence of their proficiency in written and oral communication in the English language.
‣ Personal statement, describing your academic background, research experience and career goals.
‣ References: List the names of two (2) recommenders. At least one of the recommenders must be a university professor.
‣ Step 3–Submission: Then complete the application process by pressing the ‘Submit’ button. You will receive an automated email response informing you that your application has been received.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : Application deadline for DLGS 6th cohort is September 15, 2016. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.