2018 DBU Doctoral Scholarships for International Students, Germany , and applications are submitted till January 15 and 15th June . The German Federal Environmental Foundation (DBU) is offering 60 Doctoral scholarships to young scientists from all disciplines for carrying out research in the field of environmental protection. Scholarships are awarded for three years. Each scholarship is initially awarded for a period of up to one year. After reviewing the progress of work is usually an extension of one year each. In addition to above-average university degree is expected from the chosen thesis topic that is of high relevance and can contribute to solving problems in environmental protection and nature conservation. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Deadline: January 15 and 15th June
Federal Environmental Foundation (DBU)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): DBU Doctoral Scholarships are targeted for international and German researchers are eligible to apply for these doctoral scholarships.
‣ Award No: The DBU awards 60 DBU Doctoral Scholarships per year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: These doctoral scholarships are awarded for three years. Each scholarship is initially awarded for a period of up to one year.
After reviewing the progress of work is usually an
extension of one year each.
What we do for you
general, all environmental research topics are welcome to meet the
above criteria, ie. In addition to the natural and engineering
sciences and applications from the social sciences, humanities,
business and law Interdisciplinary themes in support of sustainable
development are particularly desirable.
‣ The DBU attaches great importance to a verifiable work plan and schedule that makes it clear together with the opinion of the academic supervisor that the work can be completed in a period of up to three years.
‣ from foreign applicants good knowledge of German is expected to allow integration into the DBU scholarship network is possible.
‣ In addition to a higher university degree is expected from the chosen thesis topic that is of high relevance and can contribute to solving problems in environmental protection and conservation.
‣ The committee meets four times a year and makes its
decisions by majority vote. The meeting of the selection committee, a group of the most promising candidates / inside is twice invited to a personal interview in the year.
‣ This conversation is conducted in German and will end April, May each year (Application deadline: January 15) and the end of September, October (Application deadline: June 15).
‣ Instead, the decision on the application will be notified in writing, however, unfounded. A legal claim to the granting of a scholarship does not exist.
Scholarship Application Method
Application procedure (only available in German)
First of all, please check the requirements detailed in our guidelines in German: Förderleitlinien. You can save a lot of time and work!
Please note: This English version is just for information purpose. In case of doubt, the German version is the binding one.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on January 15 and 15th June
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.