2016 DBU Doctoral Scholarships for International Students, Germany , and applications are submitted till 15th June 2016. The German Federal Environmental Foundation (DBU) is offering 60 Doctoral scholarships to young scientists from all disciplines for carrying out research in the field of environmental protection. Scholarships are awarded for three years. Each scholarship is initially awarded for a period of up to one year. After reviewing the progress of work is usually an extension of one year each. In addition to above-average university degree is expected from the chosen thesis topic that is of high relevance and can contribute to solving problems in environmental protection and nature conservation. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
115th June 2016.
Federal Environmental Foundation (DBU)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 DBU Doctoral Scholarships are targeted for international and German researchers are eligible to apply for these doctoral scholarships.
‣ Award No: The DBU awards 60 2016 DBU Doctoral Scholarships per year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: These doctoral scholarships are awarded for three years. Each scholarship is initially awarded for a period of up to one year.
After reviewing the progress of work is usually an
extension of one year each.
amount of the scholarship is from June 2009 monthly 940,- €. In
addition to Scholarship, a monthly allowance of 210, – € for
material and travel costs (Reimbursement of expenses allowance)
paid. Any additional material resources can be granted only in
exceptional cases and on a small scale. If this ge-wishes will have
the scholarship application, a detailed and complete Cost plan
are attached. Fellows with children receive a child allowance.
Is the children’s allowance 200, – € for the first child
and an additional 150, – € for the second and each additional
child. Fellows with child / children may, on request in special
cases (e.g. birth and settling into the family of the child)
disease a family break-einletions in which the DBU scholarship rests.
This family leave is limited to maximum 12 months limited per
child. The DBU provides approximately 60 research fellowshiops at
German institutions annually for young scientists from the
aforementioned countries. In addition to financial support, health,
accident and liability insurance is also provided.
general, all environmental research topics are welcome to meet the
above criteria, ie. In addition to the natural and engineering
sciences and applications from the social sciences, humanities,
business and law Interdisciplinary themes in support of sustainable
development are particularly desirable.
‣ The DBU attaches great importance to a verifiable work plan and schedule that makes it clear together with the opinion of the academic supervisor that the work can be completed in a period of up to three years.
‣ from foreign applicants good knowledge of German is expected to allow integration into the DBU scholarship network is possible.
‣ In addition to a higher university degree is expected from the chosen thesis topic that is of high relevance and can contribute to solving problems in environmental protection and conservation.
‣ The committee meets four times a year and makes its
decisions by majority vote. The meeting of the selection committee, a group of the most promising candidates / inside is twice invited to a personal interview in the year.
‣ This conversation is conducted in German and will end April, May each year (Application deadline: January 15) and the end of September, October (Application deadline: June 15).
‣ Instead, the decision on the application will be notified in writing, however, unfounded. A legal claim to the granting of a scholarship does not exist.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be submitted via Online Application
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15th June 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.