2018 CSHL Undergraduate International Research Internship Program In New York , and applications are submitted till January 15 at 11:59 pm (23:59) Pacific Standard Time (equivalent to January 16, 07:59 UTC/GMT).. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) is offering Undergraduate Research Program. Students should have a strong academic background in science. Although the Program emphasizes the biological sciences, students with engineering, chemistry, computer science, math or physics backgrounds are also encouraged to apply. Current sophomores and juniors are eligible. Students learn the scientific process, technical methods and theoretical principles and communicate their discoveries to other scientists. A stipend of $5000 will be paid for the 10-week period. Students of any nationality can apply for this program. Full details :
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): | USA (New York
participants work on a real research project in one of CSHL’s
expert labs. Research at CSHL focuses on:
In addition to doing research in the lab, URP participants attend a series of specially designed workshops, seminars and collegial events. Workshops focus on learning particular skills, such as Python programming, while seminars cover research topics, responsible conduct of research, and career development. At the URP Symposium at the end of each summer, students present their research to the entire CSHL community.
Deadline :January 15 at 11:59 pm (23:59) Pacific Standard Time (equivalent to January 16, 07:59 UTC/GMT).
Funded By: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): CSHL Undergraduate International Research Internship is targeted for Students of any nationality can apply for this program.
‣ Award No: Approximately 20 students come to CSHL each summer for the 10-week program, living and working in the exciting Laboratory environment.Internship Duration: The duration of program is 10 weeks. The 2018 URP Program will be held June 11 - August 11, 2018.
‣ Scholarship Duration:
‣ Scholarship covers: Is this paid internship? Yes, a stipend of $5000 will be paid for the 10-week period.
-All room & board expenses will be covered.
-Travel costs are not reimbursed.
‣ The Undergraduate Research Program (URP) at CSHL provides an opportunity for undergraduate scientists from around the world to conduct first-rate research. Students learn the scientific process, technical methods and theoretical principles, and communicate their discoveries to other scientists. Approximately 25 students come to CSHL each summer for the 10-week program, living and working in the exciting Laboratory environment.
should have a strong academic background in a science. Although
the Program emphasizes the biological sciences, students with
engineering, chemistry, computer science, math, or physics
backgrounds are also encouraged to apply.
‣ Students must be returning to an undergraduate degree program following their URP summer research experience; current sophomores and juniors, or the equivalent, are eligible. Only in exceptional cases will first-year undergraduate students, with prior independent research experience, be considered.
‣ Previous laboratory research experience will help your application but is not required.
‣ If your academic semester conflicts with the dates of the URP program, you are still eligible to apply. If you are accepted into the Program, we will discuss how your academic schedule can be accommodated.
‣ Notification of application status of CSHL Undergraduate International Research Internship will be sent by the end of March 2017.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The online application for the 2018 URP program is now available. To apply, click here.
• All applicants must complete an URP application form with a personal statement online
• Faxed, mailed, or emailed applications are not accepted.
• You may submit your application before the recommendation letters have been uploaded by your referees.
• Once an application has been submitted, changes cannot be made. Please review your application carefully before submitting.
• To use the online application system, you must first register as a user. On the main login page, there is a link that says "New User? Register Here" to the right of the "Go" button. If you do not see this option, make sure your internet browser is up-to-date and/or try a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari). If you continue to experience problems, please contact Embark, the application manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Your personal statement is limited to a single page - approximately 600 words or 3,250 characters (including spaces), single-spaced. You should use a minimum of 1-inch margins.
• You should ensure that your statement is legible. We would appreciate a minimum of 11-point font, preferably sans serif (such as Helvetica). Other traditional fonts, such as Times New Roman, are also acceptable.
Dates and Deadlines
• The deadline for receipt of completed applications, including letters of recommendation, is January 15 at 11:59 pm (23:59) Pacific Standard Time (equivalent to January 16, 07:59 UTC/GMT). Applications will not be reviewed if they are received after the deadline.
• Recommendation letters will not be accepted after the application deadline. Please make sure your referees are aware of the January 15 deadline when you ask them to write a recommendation. Most referees need at least a month to complete a letter. If your referee has any problems uploading the letter to the online application system, they should contact email@example.com directly.
• Notification of application status will be sent by the end of March.
‣ Internship Applications are due on January 15.
The 2018 URP Program will be held June 11 - August 11, 2018.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...