2017 CSHL Undergraduate International Research Internship Program In New York , and applications are submitted till January 15. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) is offering Undergraduate Research Program. Students should have a strong academic background in science. Although the Program emphasizes the biological sciences, students with engineering, chemistry, computer science, math or physics backgrounds are also encouraged to apply. Current sophomores and juniors are eligible. Students learn the scientific process, technical methods and theoretical principles and communicate their discoveries to other scientists. A stipend of $5000 will be paid for the 10-week period. Students of any nationality can apply for this program. Full details :
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): | USA (New York
participants work on a real research project in one of CSHL’s
expert labs. Research at CSHL focuses on:
Deadline : January 15
Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL)
Groups): CSHL Undergraduate International Research Internship
is targeted for Students of any nationality can apply for this
‣ Award No: Approximately 20 students come to CSHL each summer for the 10-week program, living and working in the exciting Laboratory environment.Internship Duration: The duration of program is 10 weeks. The 2017 URP Program will be held June 12 - August 12, 2017.
‣ Scholarship Duration:
‣ Scholarship covers: Is this paid internship? Yes, a stipend of $5000 will be paid for the 10-week period.
-All room & board expenses will be covered.
-Travel costs are not reimbursed.
‣ The Undergraduate Research Program (URP) at CSHL provides an opportunity for undergraduate scientists from around the world to conduct first-rate research. Students learn the scientific process, technical methods and theoretical principles, and communicate their discoveries to other scientists. Approximately 25 students come to CSHL each summer for the 10-week program, living and working in the exciting Laboratory environment.
should have a strong academic background in a science. Although
the Program emphasizes the biological sciences, students with
engineering, chemistry, computer science, math, or physics
backgrounds are also encouraged to apply.
‣ Students must be returning to an undergraduate degree program following their URP summer research experience; current sophomores and juniors, or the equivalent, are eligible. Only in exceptional cases will first-year undergraduate students, with prior independent research experience, be considered.
‣ Previous laboratory research experience will help your application but is not required.
‣ If your academic semester conflicts with the dates of the URP program, you are still eligible to apply. If you are accepted into the Program, we will discuss how your academic schedule can be accommodated.
‣ Notification of application status of CSHL Undergraduate International Research Internship will be sent by the end of March 2017.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications are submitted via online.
‣ Internship Applications are due on January 15.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...