2017 CERN Studentships in Summer for International Students, Switzerland , and applications are submitted till 27 th January 2017. Applications are invited for CERN studentships in summer 2017 available for the students of any state other than a CERN Member State (or Pakistan, Romania, Serbia, Turkey). Program offers undergraduate and junior post-graduate students of physics, computing and engineering to join in the day-to-day work of research teams participating in experiments at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Switzerland
computing or engineering.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2017 CERN Studentships are targeted for applicants must be a national of any State other than a CERN Member State (or Pakistan, Romania, Serbia, Turkey) are eligible to apply
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: data-custom-mark="true"Not Known
do you plan to spend your summer? How does getting involved in some
of the world’s biggest experiments sound? This is more than summer
work. It’s the chance to join CERN in Geneva – getting involved
in the day-to-day work of our multicultural teams. Attend lectures,
visit CERN facilities, take part in discussions and workshops with
people who are leaders in their fields. In fact, it will be a summer
like nowhere else on Earth.
‣ you are a national of any State other than a CERN Member State (or Pakistan, Romania, Serbia, Turkey)
‣ You are a university-level undergraduate (Bachelor or Masters) in either physics, computing or engineering and you are at least in your third year.
‣ You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate in the European summer 2016, you are also eligible to apply.
‣ You have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Trainee, Technical Student, User…) for more than 3 months.
‣ You have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Notification of results of 2017 CERN Studentships application
‣ The final selection results will be communicated to the candidates at the end of April.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The mode of application is online. Once your application has been submitted, you will receive an acknowledgment of receipt which contains a link.
‣ You must forward this link to your two referees so that they can upload their recommendation letter. In order to be considered for the programme we need to receive two recent reference letters, a recent academic transcript and a CV in English or French.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 27 th January, 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.