2016 BIGSSS PhD Fellowship for International Applicants in Germany , and applications are submitted till February 15th 2016. The Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) is offering PhD Fellowship for international students. Fellowships are provided in three Thematic Fields A: Global Governance and Regional Integration, Thematic Field B: Welfare State, Inequality and Quality of Life, Thematic Field C: Changing Lives in Changing Socio-Cultural Contexts and Methods Center. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s):our Ph.D. fellowships will pursue a topic in one of BIGSSS' three Thematic Fields:
PhD fellowships are provided in three Thematic Fields A: Global Governance and Regional Integration, Thematic Field B: Welfare State, Inequality and Quality of Life, Thematic Field C: Changing Lives in Changing Socio-Cultural Contexts and Methods Center.
Deadline: February 15th 2016
Funded By: The Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 BIGSSS PhD Fellowship is targeted for International students
‣ Award No: BIGSSS offers 15 Ph.D. fellowships to the applicants.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of award is 36 months.
‣ Scholarship covers:Stipends of 1300 Euros/month for 36 months, contingent on successful completion of each year.
‣ Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) invites applications to its Ph.D. program. The 2016 BIGSSS PhD Fellowship program will commence on September 1st, 2016.
excellent MA degree (or national equivalents like the German “Diplom”
or “Magister”) in a discipline pertinent to at least one of
BIGSSS three Thematic fields (see above), i.e. in Political
Science, Sociology, Psychology, or related social science disciplines
e.g. Law, Economics or Mass Communication. The degree must be
completed by the end of July of the year of application, which means
you may apply before having finished your MA degree.
‣ English proficiency as described in the application materials section below.
‣ Additionally BIGSSS offers 2 Preparatory Fellowships to particularly talented BA Graduates.
‣ Applicants will be notified if they have been shortlisted by late April.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be send via e-mail.
‣ Scholarship Application Due date :
The application period for the Fall 2016 semester will begin on November 15th 2015. The deadline is February 15th 2016 and refers to the date of receipt of the application.
Email inquiries about the application process should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you may call the admissions officer, Hannah Hammerschmidt, at 0049 (0) 421 200 3956.
If you have questions regarding the admissions process, please consult our Frequently Asked Questions after carefully reading the website.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
2015, 2016, Fellowship, Fellowships, germany, International, PhD, February Deadline