2017 BIGSSS PhD Fellowship for International Applicants in Germany , and applications are submitted till January 31, 2017. The Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) is offering PhD Fellowship for international students. Fellowships are provided in three Thematic Fields A: Global Governance and Regional Integration, Thematic Field B: Welfare State, Inequality and Quality of Life, Thematic Field C: Changing Lives in Changing Socio-Cultural Contexts and Methods Center. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s):our Ph.D. fellowships will pursue a topic in one of BIGSSS' three Thematic Fields:
PhD fellowships are provided in three Thematic Fields A: Global Governance and Regional Integration, Thematic Field B: Welfare State, Inequality and Quality of Life, Thematic Field C: Changing Lives in Changing Socio-Cultural Contexts and Methods Center.
Deadline:January 31, 2017.
Funded By: The Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2017 BIGSSS PhD Fellowship is targeted for International students
‣ Award No: BIGSSS offers 15 Ph.D. fellowships to the applicants.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of award is 36 months.
‣ Scholarship covers:Stipends of 1300 Euros/month for 36 months, contingent on successful completion of each year.
‣ Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) invites applications to its Ph.D. program. The 2016 BIGSSS PhD Fellowship program will commence on September 1st, 2016.
‣ For the program starting in September 2017, we seek candidates with strong academic abilities and a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in political science, sociology, or psychology. Potential candidates with a degree in related social science disciplines are also welcome.
‣ Applicants must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree. All accepted researchers are asked to move to Bremen for the program as presence at the institution is required. Applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Germany for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to the date of their recruitment. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account. All nationalities are welcome to apply.
Applications have to demonstrate a thematic fit between the dissertation proposal and the potential supervisor’s research area. Applicants are requested not to contact faculty members directly but to consult the BIGSSS-departs admissions website for a list of recent research areas and supervisors, as well as detailed guidelines for research proposals.
More information on the Bremen faculty and research areas, the international network of BIGSSS-departs and
application guidelines can be found at www.bigsss-bremen.de.
‣ Applicants will be notified if they have been shortlisted by late April.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications must be submitted online at https://admissions-departs-2017.bigsss-bremen.de. The call is open until January 31, 2017.
‣ BIGSSS strives to increase the share of women in the university and hence also strongly encourages women to apply. Disabled persons will be given preferential treatment in case of otherwise equal qualification.
‣ For additional inquiries, please check the online FAQ and feel free to contact our admissions officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
‣ Scholarship Applications are Due on January 31, 2017.
forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
2017, 2018, Fellowship, Fellowships, germany, International, PhD, February Deadline