2016 Beit Trust Scholarships for Zambian, Zimbabwean and Malawian Students, and applications are submitted till 31st August annually. The Beit Trust annually awards a number of postgraduate, masters or PhD scholarships for students from Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe to study or research at Universities in UK, Ireland or South Africa. The duration of scholarship in the UK is one year and in South Africa is 2-4 years. Applicants must have a first degree and after the completion of the program applicants have to return to their home country. Full details:
Country):Imperial College London, the University of Leeds (BL); at Rhodes University (BRU); at Stellenbosch University (BS) and at the University of Witwatersrand (BW) | UK, Ireland or South Africa
Masters or PhD Scholarships abroad for studies or research.
Groups): 2016 Beit
Trust Scholarships are targeted
for Applicants of Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe
Beit Trust offers annually a number of Postgraduate Masters or PhD
Scholarships abroad for studies or research to graduates who are
domiciled in Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe
‣ Scholarship Duration: Duration is normally for maximum of three years.
extent of a Beit Postgraduate Scholarship Grant is: Fees and costs of
tuition and related academic expenses are paid by the Trust direct to
the universities. Payment of a personal allowance, index linked in
accordance with guidance from an independent authority covering
maintenance support. Other allowances are paid for arrival, for a
laptop, for the printing of a thesis, and for return to Africa.
Economy Class air passages are provided by the Trust for the initial
journey to the place of study, and for the return at the end of the
course. No allowances are paid for spouses or other family members.
‣ The Beit Trust offers annually a number of Postgraduate Masters or PhD Scholarships abroad for studies or research to graduates who are domiciled in Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe (the beneficial area) Scholarships are taken up at a university in the United Kingdom, Ireland or South Africa, for study in a subject of the individual’s choice appropriate to the needs of the beneficial area.
‣ Duration is normally for a maximum of three years at the discretion of Trustees. In addition, shared awards for a taught Masters Degree are offered at Imperial College London, the University of Leeds (BL); at Rhodes University (BRU); at Stellenbosch University (BS) and at the University of Witwatersrand (BW).
applicants (except medical and veterinary doctors) must be under 30
years of age on 31 December of the year of application.
experience of work after completion of a first degree is also
and vets must be under 35 years of age on 31 December and should have
completed 18 months of internship and preferably a one-year rural
posting in the relevant country.
are taken up at a university in the United Kingdom, Ireland or South
Africa, for study in a subject of the individual’s choice
appropriate to the needs of the beneficial area.
Selection Criteria 2016 Beit Trust Scholarships
Trust Scholarships is
highly competitive and only Postgraduates with at least a Merit
(equivalent to a good 2.1 from a UK university) in their first degree
are likely to succeed.
selectors favor practical and useful disciplines that are likely to
offer a clear benefit to the benefited area.
of their high cost, MBAs and PhDs are very seldom awarded in the UK,
but a taught MBA at an established university in South Africa is
‣ Please complete and submit this initial application form to gain qualification for application to scholarships-at-beittrust.org.uk no later than 15 August 2015.
Applications are due on 31st
forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...