2017 BAGSS International Fellowships / Scholarships for Doctoral Candidates in Germany, and applications are submitted till October 31, 2016 for Summer Term. The Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences (BAGSS) is inviting applications for up to 6 fully funded International Fellowships/ scholarships. These international fellowships/scholarships are available from April 1, 2017 for three years. Each candidate receives a training programme tailored to their individual needs. Doctoral fellows receive a dedicated office space, IT equipment,conference and summer school travel support. Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities possessing essentially equivalent qualifications will receive preferential consideration. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral research programme at the Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences
Field(s): Specialized research agendas have been grouped into four thematic pillars: Pillar 1 Education, personal development and learning from early childhood to adulthood Pillar 2 Education and social inequality across the entire life course Pillar 3 Changes in human capital, labour markets and demographic structures and their impact on social inequality in modern societies Pillar 4 Governance, institutional change and political behavior
Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing doctoral research programme at the Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences.
Deadline: October 31, 2016 for Summer Term.
Funded By: The German Science Foundation (DFG)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): BAGSS International Fellowships are targeted for International students
‣ Award No: Up to 6 International fellowships/scholarships will be awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The international fellowships/scholarships will be offered for three years (subject to satisfactory progress reviews after 12 and 24 months).
‣ Scholarship covers: BAGSS is offering prospective doctoral researchers a three year, fully-funded and structured graduate programme located in Bamberg, Germany. Each candidate receives a training programme tailored to their individual needs. The language of instruction is English; doctoral theses can be submitted in English or German. Doctoral fellows receive a dedicated office space, IT equipment,conference and summer school travel support.
2017 BAGSS International Fellowships and scholarships are available
from April 1st, 2015, for three years (subject to satisfactory
progress reviews after 12 and 24 months).
‣ BAGSS is a multidisciplinary Graduate School funded by the German Science Foundation (DFG) as part of the German Excellence Initiative.
‣ They are seeking to stimulate and guide cutting-edge doctoral research on some of the most crucial challenges modern knowledge-based societies are facing.
‣ BAGSS are inviting applications from highly qualified graduates from the fields of Sociology, Psychology, Educational Science, Political Science, Economics, Demography and Statistics.
‣ Qualified graduates of related subjects with a strong background in the empirical social sciences are also encouraged to apply.
‣ Candidates must hold a Master‘s degree (or equivalent) in one of the aforementioned subjects or be very close to completion.
‣ Successful applicants will be required to take up their residence in Bamberg, a city noted for its very high quality of life as well as great conditions for research and study.
Selection Criteria for 2017 BAGSS International Fellowships
‣ applicants with disabilities possessing essentially equivalent qualifications will receive preferential consideration.
‣ Shortlisted candidates will be invited to take part in an interview. Interviews are scheduled to take place in Bamberg in December 2015. In exceptional cases, a video conference may suffice. All candidates will be informed about the final decision before the end of the year 2015.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants are required to apply via Online Application
‣ Please make sure that your application file contains the following documents:
-a cover letter
-a one-page abstract of your dissertation exposé
-a dissertation exposé
a scan of all your academic degree certificate(s) and all your university grade transcripts.
‣ A concise statement on your knowledge of social science research methods.
‣ Only for applicants funded by an external institution: evidence that funding has been granted.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on October 31, 2017 for Summer Term.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship