2016 Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship for International Students in Netherlands application period runs from 1 November 2015 to 15 January 2016. University of Amsterdam offers a Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship for the 2016-2017 academic session. International students from outside Europe are eligible to apply for this scholarship. This is awarded to undertake masters degree program. University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the scholarships is to attract the best and most motivated people to Amsterdam. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Hosting Countries): University of Amsterdam, Netherlands | Netherlands
Level: Master's degree
Field(s): Scholarships are awarded in all subjects available within the Amsterdam Law School, Economics and Business, Faculty of Science, Graduate School of Child Development and Education, Graduate School of Communication, Graduate School of Humanities, Graduate School of Psychology and Graduate School of Social Sciences.
Deadline: application period runs from 1 November 2015 to 15 January 2016.
Funded By: University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship is targeted for International students from outside Europe
‣ Award No: The UvA will award up to 15 of these Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships (AES) annually.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship will be offered for one year with the possibility of extension for a second year for two-year Master’s programmes.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) is a full scholarship of €25,000, covering tuition and living expenses for one academic year. There is the possibility of an extension for a second year for two-year Master’s programmes. The UvA will award up to 15 of these scholarships annually.
‣ A prestigious new scholarship programme has recently been launched targeting exceptionally talented Master’s students from outside Europe.
‣ The 2016 Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) is a full scholarship of €25,000, covering tuition and living expenses for one academic year. There is the possibility of an extension for a second year for two-year Master’s programmes. The UvA will award up to 15 of these scholarships annually.
a non-EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under
Dutch system of study grants and loans (for more information, consult
the DUO website). The scholarship office should be notified as soon
as possible of any change in nationality, type of residence permit,
and/or possible studiefinanciering support throughout the academic
‣ Be (provisionally) admitted to an English-taught Master’s degree programme at the University of Amsterdam which is registered in the Central Register of Higher Education Programmes (CROHO).
‣ You can apply for the Master’s programme and the AES scholarship simultaneously. Your Master’s application will be assessed before the AES deadline. In your application, clearly indicate that you are applying for the AES scholarship.
For more information about general application requirements, please consult the individual programme descriptions at www.uva.nl/education for Master’s study programmes taught in English.
‣ Be (provisionally) admitted to a Master’s programme at the UvA for the first time.
‣ An AES will not be awarded to candidates who are admitted for a second Master’s programme at the UvA.
‣ Be able to comply with Dutch visa regulations as indicated by the Dutch Immigration Service (IND).
‣ Be enrolled at the UvA as a full-time student for the academic year and the programme for which the scholarship is awarded. Scholarship continuation is not guaranteed when a candidate changes his or her Master’s programme.
‣ The candidate should not receive another scholarship for the same period of study as the AES. Notify the UvA if you have been awarded and accepted another scholarship.
Selection Criteria for 2016 Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship
‣ Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field as evidenced by:
Scholarship Application Method
for the Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) are made through the
admissions office of the faculties and graduate schools. As long as
you meet all the requirements, you can apply for the AES at the same
time as you register for your programme.
Application Due Date : The
AES application period runs from 1 November 2015 to 15 January
2016. Applications are made through the Admissions Offices of the
graduate schools. Students who meet all the requirements can apply
for the AES when they apply to their chosen Master’s programme.
However, please be aware that the scholarship application deadline is
15 January 2016, which is earlier than the application deadline
for most of the Master’s programmes.
and guidelines can be download from the official website
It is important to
read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link
found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this