2016 AKS Graduate Fellowship for International Students in South Korea , and applications are submitted till 20 November 2015. The AKS Graduate Fellowship is one of our non-degree programs which invites and supports international students for six months, providing them with a momentum to grow to be a next generation of promising scholars in Korean studies and to play a leading role in the field abroad. Applications for the 2016 AKS Graduate Fellowship for the period from 1 March 2016 to 31 August 2016 (or from 1 September 2016 to 28 February 2017) are now being sought. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | south korea
are available to conduct research at Graduate School of Korean
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded for research related to Korea/ korean studies.
Deadline: 20 November 2015.
Funded By: The Academy of Korean Studies (AKS), South Korea
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 AKS Graduate Fellowship is targeted for International students
‣ Award No: not specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowship Period: 6 months
-2016 Spring Semester: From 1 March 2016 to 31 August 2016
Fall Semester: From 1 September 2016 to 28 February 2017
‣ Scholarship covers: Monthly allowance of KRW900,000 is provided.
Graduate School of Korean Studies (GSKS) in the Academy of Korean
Studies is a research-oriented graduate institute established in
specialize in the fields of humanities and social sciences pertaining
to Korea with the aim of nurturing eminent scholars of Korean studies
who would search for the essence of Korean culture and contribute to
the advancement and globalization of Korean studies.
290 students including 130 international students from 37 countries
are currently enrolled in our master’s and doctoral degree
programs, enjoying close one-to-one guidance by professors which our
1:4 faculty-student ratio enables.
‣ An applicant must be a foreign national or a Korean national who has completed education outside of Korea which is compatible with Korea’s elementary, middle, high school and college education.
‣ As of the application deadline, applicants must meet one of the following conditions:
‣ Applicants are enrolled in a master’s or a doctoral degree program at an overseas university.
‣ Applicants completed coursework and are in the status of ABD (All But Dissertation) in a master’s or a doctoral degree program at an overseas university.
‣ Applicants were conferred a master’s degree at an overseas university.
Residence: As of the application deadline, applicants must reside in a foreign country outside of Korea.
Research Topic: An applicant’s research topic should pertain to Korea/Korean studies.
Notification of 2016 AKS Graduate Fellowship results
‣ Selection results will be announced on the AKS website by 24 December 2015.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Send the required documents (soft copies or scanned documents) via email to gradaks-at-aks.ac.kr.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 20 November 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.