2016 Advocacy and Government Affairs Spring Internship For International Students In USA, 2016 , and applications are submitted till 15th October. AFSA is offering Advocacy and Government Affairs internship for college and graduate students. Interns will also have unique opportunities to talk with Foreign Service employees, learn about the Foreign Service, and gain insights into the workings of the State Department and other foreign affairs agencies. Applicants native-level fluency in English), Applicants should ideally have an interest in advocacy, legislative issues, and international affairs. Full detailsL
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA (Washington, DC)
Field(s): Internships are offered in these areas : legislation, advocacy grassroots, community outreach, stakeholder engagement, communications, social media and special events, among others.
Deadline: 15th October.
Funded By: American Foreign Service Association
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016 Advocacy and Government Affairs Spring Internship is targeted for International students (they have native-level fluency in English).
‣ No. of awards: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : AFSA offers this internship in the spring, summer and fall. Fall (September-December) and spring (January-May) interns are expected to work at least two full days a week (equivalent of 16 hours). Summer (June-August) internship will be available as full-time.
‣Value of Scholarship : Fall and spring interns will receive a $450 stipend. Summer interns will receive $550 stipend.
‣ Advocacy Department interns would be required to work on multiple projects including but not limited to: Coordinating virtual advocacy meetings, Monitoring legislative issues and congressional hearings, Conducting research, Helping with message development, Drafting memos, articles, OpEds, talking points, speeches, and other types of statements, Supporting issue-driven advocacy/grassroots mobilization campaigns.
‣ The minimum age requirement for the position is 18
‣ Applicants must be college juniors, seniors, or graduate students.
‣ International students are welcome to apply if they have native-level fluency in English.
‣ Interns need to be hard-working, dependable and detail-oriented, and must have good editing and
‣ Excellent computer skills are a must.
‣ Applicants should ideally have an interest in advocacy, legislative issues, and international affairs.
‣ Strong research and analytical skills are preferable for this internship.
‣ Applicants will be notified within two weeks after the deadline.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants can apply via e-mail. If you would like to be considered, please send a resume, cover letter and a short writing sample to David Murimi, Legislative Assistant for AFSA’s Advocacy Department.
‣ Internship Application Due Date : Applicants can apply for spring internship till 15th October, for summer internships 5th April and for fall internships, June 15.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.