2017-2018 Visby Programme Scholarships for PhD and Postdoctoral Research Studies in Sweden , and applications are submitted till 10 January 2017. The Visby Scholarship provides PhD students and Postdoctoral researchers with an opportunity to conduct research at Swedish universities within all fields of study. There are about 40 Visby scholarships offered for the academic year 2017/2018. The scholarship is free of tax and amounts to SEK 15,000 per month for PhD students and SEK 18,000 per month for postdoctoral researchers and senior scientists. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Sweden
fields within all academic disciplines are eligible.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2017-2018 Visby Programme Scholarships are targeted for citizens of the following countries: Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Russia and Ukraine.
‣ Award No: About 40 scholarships will be offered for the academic year 2017/2018.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The scholarship (PhD studies: one visit and postdoctoral research long-term visit) is available for 6, 9 or 12 months. The scholarship (PhD studies/sandwich model: several shorter visits) is awarded for a number of months,
which the PhD student spends in Sweden for shorter research visits (maximum three research visits per year, over three years). The scholarship is awarded for a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 12 months in total. The senior research Scholarship is awarded for 6 months maximum.
scholarship is designed to cover living costs for the scholarship
holder. The scholarship is free of tax and amounts to SEK
15,000 per month for PhD students and SEK 18,000 per month
for postdoctoral researchers and senior scientists. The scholarship
cannot be prolonged or extended. Scholarship holders are insured
by the Swedish State Group Insurance against illness and accident
during the scholarship period. SI Network for Future Global
Leaders-All Swedish Institute scholarship holders are invited to
become members of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL), a
network that offers unique opportunities during and after the stay in
Sweden. Together with other talented people from all around the
world, the scholarship holder is able to take part in a variety of
events, exchange ideas and create networks that benefit both to
career and personal development.
2017-2018 Visby Programme Scholarships application call for the
academic year 2017/2018 is open from 1 November 2016 to 10 January
‣ The aim of the Visby Programme is to build an integrated, knowledge-based and research-intense region, centered on the Baltic Sea while also including EU Eastern Partnership countries and Russia.
‣ The Visby Programme is open to citizens of the following countries: Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Russia and Ukraine. The objective is to strengthen co-operation and network-building between those countries and Sweden in fields such as higher education and research.
‣ PhD student, applying for a part of his/her ongoing PhD studies to be carried out in Sweden (12 months maximum).
‣ Postdoctoral researcher, with priority given to holders of a PhD degree from 2011 or later (12 months maximum).
‣ Senior scientist-holders of a PhD degree obtained before 2011 (6 months maximum).
Selection Criteria for 2017-2018 Visby Programme Scholarships
‣ Applications are evaluated by the Swedish Institute (SI) and an academic board. The primary evaluation of the application takes into account the applicant’s academic background, personal motivation and expertise in the project field of the host department.
‣ Also evaluated is the strength of the research proposal with regards to its scientific quality, originality, methodological approach, and relevance.
‣ In the final selection of candidates SI will consider the distribution of scholarships with regards to academic fields, universities, purpose of study, nationality and gender.
‣ Scholarship offers will be sent to successful candidates by the end of May 2016 at the latest, and candidates are required to respond to the offer within 14 days. Please note that all decisions are sent by email only.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please read the instructions and complete the application enclosures, before entering the online application form.
‣ The application should be submitted online using the Swedish Institute application portal. Complete all the mandatory fields and attach all required documents. Only submit the application once and wait until you receive a confirmation email with your reference number.
‣ The reference number should be used whenever contacting SI with inquiries in regard to the scholarship application. If you cannot find the confirmation email in your inbox, first make sure to check your spam filter before contacting SI.
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: 24:00 CET on Tuesday 10 January 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.