2016-2017 SEARCA Graduate Scholarship for Southeast Asians , and applications are submitted till 30 September, 2015. The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) invites applications for its graduate scholarship (MS and PhD) in Agriculture and related fields for Academic Year 2016-2017. The scholarship is open to nationals of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam who are regular employees of academic, research or government institutions and not more than 35 years old at the time of application. Scholarship covers stipend, tuition, international and domestic travel allowances, thesis/dissertation support, book allowance, and health insurance. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand
Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB), Bogor, Indonesia
Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM), Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Selangor, Malaysia
Kasetsart University (KU), Bangkok, Thailand
University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB), Laguna, Philippines
University of the Philippines Diliman (UPD), Quezon City, Philippines
University of the Philippines Visayas (UPV), Iloilo, Philippines
Five of these universities are members of the Southeast Asian University Consortium for Graduate Education in Agriculture and Natural Resources. SEARCA serves as the Secretariat of the University Consortium.
SEARCA reserves the right to make the final decision on the choice of the scholars’ study post. Therefore, applicants are required to submit to SEARCA applications for admission to the Graduate Schools of three universities in the list.
Field(s): Agriculture and related sciences (including biological sciences, fishery, environmental science, statistics, forestry and social sciences) Thesis/Dissertation:
-With the Tenth Five Year Plan as guide, the graduate scholars’ thesis/dissertation topics must fall within any of the following ISARD priority themes and focus areas:
Strengthening of Value Chains and Agribusiness Commodity Systems
Integration of small-scale farmers into commercial food systems
Food and Nutrition Security
Productivity-enhancing innovations and modern technologies
Rural entrepreneurship toward off-farm and non-farm businesses
-Environmental Sustainability Climate change adaptation and resiliency
Natural Resource Management
-Cross-cutting Concerns Sub-regional cooperation in trade and investments
Regional Economic Integration (AFTA and AEC 2015)
Government Policies, Institutions, and Governance Mechanisms/Reforms that can address and redress rural poverty, inequitable growth, and environmental degradation
Deadline: 30 September 2015.
Funded By: The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016-2017 SEARCA Graduate Scholarship is targeted for nationals of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: Scholarship covers stipend, tuition, international and domestic travel allowances, thesis/dissertation support, book allowance, and health insurance.
‣ SEARCA’s Graduate Study Program was initiated in School Year 1968/1969. Over four decades, the scope of the Graduate Study Program has expanded to include institutional development, networking, and services to enhance graduate education in the region.
‣ SEARCA has also been providing services for administration of 2016-2017 SEARCA Graduate Scholarship funds under the sponsorship of institutions other than SEAMEO.
‣ For more than four decades SEARCA has awarded more than 1,500 scholarships to nationals of SEAMEO regular member countries, namely: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam to pursue advanced studies leading to master’s and doctoral degrees in agriculture, forestry, and related sciences.
‣ Interested parties may submit their accomplished SEARCA Scholarship Application form together with other original application requirements to the Ministries of Education/Higher Education of their respective countries.
‣ Applications may be submitted to any one of the following Ministries of the applicant’s own country to any one of the following Ministries of his/her own country: Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of Forestry, Ministry of Fisheries and Ministry of Rural Development.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 September, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.