2017-2018 New Europe College International Fellowships in Romania, and applications are submitted till January 16, 2017. New Europe College – Institute for Advanced Study announces the competition for International fellowships for the academic year 2017-2018. Applicants must hold a PhD. title. Preference is given to candidates under the age of 40, and to those who have not yet benefited from a NEC Fellowship. Full details
School(Institutions/ Country): | Romania
Deadline:January 16, 2017.
Funded By: New Europe College, Romania
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2017-2018 New Europe College International Fellowships are targeted for Romanian and international researchers can apply for this fellowship.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: a) a full academic year (10 months, October through July) or b)
a one-term fellowship (October through February, or March through July).
Fellowship consists of: a monthly stipend of 700 Euro (tax free),
accommodation, international transportation to and from the home
country of the Fellows at the beginning and the end of the
Fellowship, as well as for season holidays. The Fellows who stay for
the whole academic year are offered a one-month research trip abroad
to an institution of their choice (2,600 Euro for transportation,
accommodation, and per diem). As an alternative, they can opt for
field research, in Romania or outside it. The Fellows are expected to
work on their own projects, and take part in the scientific events
organized by the New Europe College. At the end of their Fellowship,
each Fellow is expected to hand in a research paper, reflecting the
results of his/her work over the duration of the Fellowship. The
papers will be included in a NEC publication.
Europe College – Institute for Advanced Study in Bucharest, Romania
– announces the competition for Fellowships in the academic year
New Europe College International Fellowships program
targets young Romanian and international researchers/academics
working in the fields of humanities, social studies, and economics.
The Fellows are expected to work on their own projects, and take part
in the scientific events organized by the New Europe College. At the
end of their Fellowship, each Fellow is expected to hand in a
research paper, reflecting the results of his/her work over the
duration of the Fellowship. The papers will be included in a NEC
‣ Applicants must hold a Ph.D. title. Preference is given to candidates under the age of 40, and to those who have not yet benefited from a NEC Fellowship.
‣ Working languages: English, French, and German. A good command of English is desirable.
‣ The applicants will be notified on the results of the pre-selection by mid-March 2016, by e-mail. The shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview, organized on April 20-22, 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications are submitted via electronically.
The application form, the application guidelines and additional information on New Europe College can be downloaded from here:
or requested by e-mail, at applications @ nec . ro
Mailing address: New Europe College, str. Plantelor 21, 023971 Bucharest, RomaniaPhone (+4) 021 307 9910, Fax: (+4) 021 327 0774, E-mail: applications @ nec . ro
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on January 16, 2017.. Incomplete or late applications will not be taken into consideration.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.