2018-2019 MENA Scholarship Programme for Short Courses in Netherlands , and Application opening date: 5 September 2017. Application closing date: consult the Dutch insitution offering the course. Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs is funding MENA scholarship programme for pursuing short courses in Netherlands. The MENA Scholarship Programme offers around 140 scholarships a year to professionals (with a maximum age of 45) and these scholarships are distributed proportionally among the ten participating countries. Ideally, half of the scholarships are allocated to female applicants. Scholarships are available for short courses with a duration between two and twelve weeks. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Netherlands
short courses at educational institutions in the Netherlands.
are awarded for a number of selected short courses in one of the
following fields of study: Economics, commerce, management and
accounting, Agriculture and environment, Mathematics, natural
sciences and computer science; Engineering; Law, public
administration, public order and safety and Humanities, social
sciences, communication and arts.
Deadline: Application opening date: 5 September 2017. Application closing date: consult the Dutch insitution offering the course.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Groups) : MENA Scholarship is targeted for Students from Algeria, Egypt, Iraq,
Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Syria and Tunisia can apply
for this MENA Scholarship Programme (currently applications from Oman
and Syria will not be accepted).
MENA Scholarship Programme offers around 140 scholarships a year to
are distributed proportionally among the participating countries.
Ideally, half of the scholarships are allocated to female applicants.
are available for short courses with a duration between two and
MSP scholarship is a contribution to the costs of the selected short
course and should supplement your salary which you must continue to
receive during the study period. The scholarship
The MENA Scholarship Programme offers around 140 scholarships a
year to professionals. The scholarships can be used for selected
short courses in the Netherlands. The MENA Scholarships are
distributed proportionally among the ten participating countries
(Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Sryia
and Tunisia). Ideally, half of the scholarships are allocated to
overall aim of the MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP) is to contribute
to the democratic transition in the participating countries.
the MSP aims to contribute to capacity building within a wide range
of governmental, non-governmental and private organisations and
institutions in the selected countries.
‣ must be a national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the MSP country list valid at the time of application;
‣ must have an employer’s statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must be endorsed in the statement;
‣ must not be employed by an organization that has its own means of staff-development. Organizations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example: multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft), large national and/or a large commercial organizations, bilateral donor organizations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid), multilateral donor organizations, (e.g. a UN organization, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB), international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
‣ must have an official and valid passport;
‣ must not receive more than one fellowship for courses that take place at the same time;
‣ must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (if applicable);
‣ must not be over 45 years of age at the time of the grant submission.
Selection Criteria for 2018-2019 MENA Scholarship
‣ The embassies assess your application against the eligibility criteria, give specific recommendations and may priorities applications.
‣ The final selection becomes available about two months after the scholarship application deadline. Nuffic informs the Dutch institutions and the embassies about the outcome of the selection. The Dutch institutions inform the selected candidates about the outcome of the selection by email. Nuffic informs candidates who are not eligible or who have not been selected for a scholarship by email.
Scholarship Application Method
Follow these steps to apply:
1. Select a course on the MSP course list
The MSP course list for courses in 2018 is now available:
2. Contact the Dutch institution that is offering the course for information on:
3. Prepare your application and the supporting documents 4. Submit your online application via the Dutch institution offering the course
With your online application, you will be asked to upload a valid passport copy, a current statement from your employer, and depending on your country of employment; a government statement.
If your application meets all the course admission requirements and the MSP eligibility criteria, you can be nominated by the Dutch institution for a scholarship. The Dutch institution will inform you about the outcome of your selection.
The scholarships are awarded in a competitive selection to highly motivated professionals who are in a position to introduce the newly-acquired skills and knowledge into their employing organisation.
For any further questions concerning the MSP application and selection procedures, please contact the Dutch institution offering the course directly. You can find contact information for all institutions on studyfinder.nl.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date :
Application opening date: 5 September 2017. Application closing date: consult the Dutch insitution offering the course.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.