2015-2016 Lindemann Trust Fellowships for Postdoctoral Scientists in USA , and applications are submitted till 15 February 2016. The English-Speaking Union offers up to three Lindemann Trust Fellowships for postdoctoral scientists to carry out research in the USA. Fellowships are awarded to graduates of exceptional promise in both the pure and applied physical sciences who have shown capacity for producing original research. Fellowships are open for British or Commonwealth citizens who are resident in the UK. Each fellowship amounts to $30,000 per annum, paid quarterly by the ESU in equal installments of $7500 each. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: postdoctoral scientists to carry out research in the USA.
Field(s): Astronomy, Biophysics, Chem Astronomy, Biophysics, Chemistry, Engineering, Geology, Geophysics, Mathematics and Physics.
Deadline: 15 February 2016
Funded By: The English-Speaking Union
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016-2017 Lindemann Trust Fellowships are targeted for British or Commonwealth citizens who are resident in the UK.
‣ Award No: Up to three grants are available.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships may be taken up from September 2016, and by 18 April 2017 at the latest. Each Fellowship lasts for one year. Fellows are expected to return to the UK within two years of the conclusion of their Fellowship for a period of at least two years. Applications for exemption from this ruling must be made to the Lindemann Trust Fellowships Committee.
‣ Scholarship covers:Each fellowship amounts to $30,000 per annum, paid quarterly by the ESU in equal instalments of $7500 each. Fellows are asked to notify the ESU at least three weeks before the next instalment is due. In addition, the ESU contributes £500 towards each Fellow’s airfare, which may be used for an outward or return flight. Fellows must liaise with the ESU before booking their outward flight. You are responsible for obtaining appropriate insurance cover for your Fellowship in the USA.
‣ The English-Speaking Union offers up to three grants a year worth $30,000 each for postdoctoral scientists to carry out research in the USA.
‣ The 2016-2017 Lindemann Trust Fellowships are awarded to graduates of exceptional promise in both the pure and applied physical sciences who have shown capacity for producing original research. Following a bequest of £1,000,000 from Brigadier Charles Lindemann, the ESU has administered the Fellowships since March 1972.
‣ British or Commonwealth citizenship
‣ Resident in the UK
‣ have completed a doctorate within the last 3 academic years, or be expecting to complete this academic year at the latest.
‣ Holders of established research and lecturing posts with a proven record may apply, but the Fellowship should not be regarded as a means of taking up a routine sabbatical.
‣ Fellowships may not be held concurrently with any other research grant or scholarsh
The Lindemann Trust supports research in the fields of:
‣ Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held on 14 April 2016 at Dartmouth House, the International Headquarters of the ESU in London.
‣ Completed application forms should be returned by email to education-at-esu.org.
‣ Candidates are responsible for ensuring that two confidential academic references are sent separately to the ESU before the application closing date.
‣ It could be to the candidate’s advantage to provide at least one reference that is independent of the candidate’s current institution.
‣ Candidates must also provide a letter of endorsement from their chosen US institution, stating that the institution is able to provide the appropriate facility for the candidate to undertake their proposed research. References may be emailed or posted.
‣ Please download the Notes for Applicants for further information, before completing the forms below. The closing date for applications is Monday 15 February 2016. Interviews will be held in London on Tuesday 12 April 2016. Candidates are responsible for ensuring that two confidential references are sent separately to the ESU before the application closing date, together with a letter of endorsement from their chosen US institution and their completed application form, all found below.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on Monday 15 February 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.