2016-2017 International Institute for Holocaust Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program , and applications are submitted till 31 December, 2015.The International Institute for Holocaust Research, Yad Vashem is offering postdoctoral research fellowship in Holocaust research. Researchers may choose to come either in the autumn or spring semesters. Research grants are awarded on a competitive basis. The length of an individual fellowship is between two and three months. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Israel
fellowship is awarded in Holocaust research.
31 December 2015
International Institute for Holocaust Research,Yad Vashem
Institute for Holocaust Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is targeted
for International researchers
‣ Scholarship Duration: The length of an individual fellowship is between two and three months.
are not allowed to work or receive other research scholarships during
their tenure at Yad Vashem. They are to spend the entire fellowship
period in Israel engaged in research and writing. Any planned
absences such as conferences, symposia, and extended holiday travel
must be conveyed to the director of the Institute two months prior to
the commencement of the research period. A researcher must be at Yad
Vashem 5 days per week, Sunday – Thursday. If one plans to use
another archives, the researcher must submit a request prior to the
date that she/he wishes to be conducting research outside of Yad
‣ Yad Vashem, the Holocaust Martyrs’ and Heroes’ Remembrance Authority, was established by the Israeli Parliament in 1953. Located on the Mount of Remembrance in Jerusalem, Yad Vashem is dedicated to Holocaust remembrance, documentation, research and education.
‣ Through the International School for Holocaust Studies, the Museum Complex, the International Institute for Holocaust Research and Publications Department, the Library and Archives, the Hall of Names, and its monuments and memorials, Yad Vashem seeks to meaningfully impart the legacy of the Shoah for generations to come.
‣ The Institute invites academics to submit their candidacy for a postdoctoral fellowship in Holocaust research.
‣ The length of an individual International Institute for Holocaust Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is between two and three months. Researchers may choose to come either in the autumn or spring semesters.
‣ Research grants are awarded on a competitive basis.
‣ The length of the fellowship award is at the discretion of the International Institute for Holocaust Research.
applicants must have either a Ph.D. or J.D. or M.D. Degree.
proposals must be related to the Holocaust (including its antecedents
fellow is asked to submit to the Institute a scientific treatise
based on the research conducted at Yad Vashem six months after the
tenure of his/her fellowship has been completed.
Selection criteria for 2016-2017 International Institute for Holocaust Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
grants are awarded on a competitive basis.
award results will be announced in March 2015.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ All application materials must be submitted either in Hebrew or in English to the International Institute for Holocaust Research, Yad Vashem.
‣ Incomplete applications will not be considered after this date. Late applications will not be accepted.
‣ An application packet consists of:
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
is important to read the application procedure, and visit the
official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how
to apply for