2017-2018 DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship in Germany , and applications are submitted till January 31, 2017. Applications are invited for DAAD undergraduate scholarship available for full-time students who are enrolled in an undergraduate degree-granting program at an accredited North American college or university. Scholarships will be awarded for currently second and third year students and will be in their third and fourth year during their stay in Germany. Scholarships may be granted for a minimum of four (one semester) and a maximum of 10 months (one academic year). Recipients will be awarded a monthly stipend of approximately € 650, plus additional funds to help defray travel and research expenses as well as health insurance. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship
is targeted for US and Canadian students and international
students in Canada and USA may apply for this scholarship program.
may be granted for a minimum of four (one semester) and a maximum of
10 months (one academic year). The scholarship periods must take
place during the German academic year, i.e. October 2016 – July
‣ Scholarship covers: Recipients will be awarded a monthly stipend of approximately € 650, plus additional funds to help defray travel and research expenses as well as health insurance.
qualified undergraduate students are invited to apply for DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship funding
study, senior thesis research and/or internships in Germany.
goal of this program is to support study abroad in Germany and at
German universities. Preference will be given to students whose
projects or programs are based at and organized by a German
are available either as part of an organized study abroad program or
as part of an individual, student-designed study abroad semester or
‣ This committee is looking for students who:
Selection Criteria for 2017-2018 DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship
‣ An independent committee made up of German university teachers is responsible for making the final decision. Important selection criteria are description of proposal and reasoning – for study or research stays and course of continuing education: a convincing and well-planned project.
‣ For structured study programmes or language and short courses: a well justified choice of course. Academic achievements Additional documents that prove academic suitability or provide information about extracurricular activities will also be considered in the assessment.
Notification for 2017-2018 DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship results
‣ Applicants will receive notification of acceptance in May 2017.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The mode of application is online.
Please visit our Scholarship Database for detailed instructions about application requirements and procedure.
The application is submitted online through the DAAD portal which opens on December 1, 2016.
You are also required to mail 3 copies of the “Application summary” (PDF file), which is generated in the DAAD portal after the online application procedure has been completed, to the application address.
1. Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
2. To be submitted by mail:
Your paperwork should be in English or French (if you are Francophone Canadian), not in German.
Please do not call our office; you will receive an e-mail or letter of acknowledgment approximately four weeks after the deadline.
Applicants will receive notification of acceptance in May.
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service)
871 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017
Please click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on January 31, 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.