2016-2017 DAAD Scholarships for Developing Countries’ Students , and Please contact the respective eligible institutions regarding the application deadline, because the application deadlines may vary from university to university. Applications are invited for DAAD scholarships from developing countries‘ students. The scholarships are available for pursuing a postgraduate degree at German institutions of Higher education. These scholarships provide monthly installment of EUR 750.00. and also include the costs for health, accident and liability insurance in Germany and an adequate travelling allowance. Full details
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: postgraduate degree
Field(s): 2016-2017 DAAD Scholarships are awarded for pursuing development-related postgraduate courses in the areas of Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics, Development Co-operation, Engineering and related sciences, Mathematics, Regional Planning, Agricultural and Forest Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Public Health/Veterinary Medicine/Medicine, Social Science, Education & Law and Media Studies
Deadline: Please contact the respective eligible institutions regarding the application deadline, because the application deadlines may vary from university to university.
Funded By: BMZ (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016-2017 DAAD Scholarships are targeted for Students (on the DAC List of the OECD) from following developing countries can apply: Europe: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Moldova, Rep., Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine and Belarus; North Africa: Egypt, Algeria, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia. Sub-Saharan Africa: Angola, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Ivory Coast (Côte D’Ivoire), Djibouti, Eritrea, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Kenya, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Dem. Rep., Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Zambia, Sâo Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Zimbabwe, Somalia, St. Helena, Sudan, South Africa, Southern Sudan (new), Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Chad, Uganda and Central African Republic; North and Central America: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda,
Barbados, Belize, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Cuba, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines Trinidad and Tobago; South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Guyana, Columbia, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela; Near and Middle East: Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Jordan, Lebanon, Oman, Palestinian territories and Syria; South and Central Asia: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, the Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tadzhikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan; East Asia: China, Indonesia, Cambodia, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Philippines, Thailand, East Timor and Vietnam. OCEANIA: Cooki Oslands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Samoa, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Wallis and Futuna.
‣ Award No: not specified
‣ Scholarship Tenure : not known
‣ Scholarship covers: The 2016-2017 DAAD Scholarships pay a monthly scholarship installment, currently set at EUR 750.00. In addition, the scholarship includes costs for health, accident and liability insurance in Germany and an adequate travelling allowance, in so far as the home country or another donor is not already covering these expenses. Furthermore, the DAAD pays an annual research grant. However, the universities might charge additional fees not covered by the scholarship (e.g., enrollment fee, semester ticket, etc).
‣ The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) – Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst – supports a range of postgraduate courses at German universities which aim at providing academically educated young professionals from Developing Countries with further specialized studies.
‣ The 2016-2017 DAAD Scholarships supports these selected programs with a certain quota of scholarships and with financial assistance for a special tutoring system.
‣ At the end of the course (programs run 12 to 36 months, depending on the particular institution) participants can obtain an internationally recognized Master’s or in some courses PhD degree.
‣ Age limit: No age limit. But the last academic degree should normally not be more than six years old.
‣ Degree: Bachelor or Master
‣ GPA: min 2,75 for Master candidates (some study programs applied GPA more than 2,75. Please see the detail on the website of each study program) and 3,00 for Doctoral candidates.
‣ Work experience: at least two years after completing Bachelor degree.
‣ Language skill for 2016-2017 DAAD Scholarships application
Selection Criteria for 2016-2017 DAAD Scholarships
Selection criteria and procedures for DAAD Scholarships for Developing Countries recipients ensure that:
‣ target candidates have proven, development-related motivation and can be expected to make full use of their scholarship and education by taking on social responsibility later in their careers, acting as agents of change who stimulate and support development in their personal and professional surroundings ( motivation, commitment to development),
‣ candidates have the professional and academic qualifications Necessary to Ensure successful completion of the degree programs in Germany (final scores on previous academic
examinations, language skills),
‣ women and candidates from disadvantaged groups who meet the required academic and professional standards and show proven commitment to development-related issues are especially targeted for program admission.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Scholarship applicants from developing countries (on the DAC list of OECDs) can send their applications (under consideration of the various submission deadlines) only directly to the eligible institutions.
‣ Applications from Cameroon, Myanmar, and Nigeria MUST be submitted at the German embassy. Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are requested to include the APS Certificate as well as two address labels in their national language along with their other application documents.
‣ Please note: Please be sure to address applications to the postgraduate course directly! Applications sent via e-mail to the DAAD cannot be considered during the selection process. Applicants are asked to state whether they are able to pay for cost of living expenses and their studies in Germany themselves or whether they can only complete the postgraduate course with financial support from a DAAD scholarship.
‣ Qualified applicants for whom self-financing is possible, have a good chance of being accepted by a postgraduate course. Scholarships cannot be awarded without the official DAAD application form. Many courses, however, have their own forms, which must be submitted in addition to the DAAD application form (see details under course description).
Required documents (in the following order) for 2016-2017 DAAD Scholarships application:
‣ DAAD application form
‣ hand-signed CV (please use the europass specimen form
‣ hand-signed letter of motivation (with reference to current occupation)
‣ research exposé (if required by university)
‣ academic letter/s of recommendation from your university; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
‣ professional letter/s of recommendation from your employer; the letter must have a signature and office stamp and must be of recent date (not in a sealed envelope)
‣ confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home
‣ Proof of language abilities: English–IELTS or TOEFL (Note: Institutional TOEFL will not be accepted); German – necessary for the courses taught in German; for the courses taught in English, if available
‣ copies of awarded academic degrees
‣ copies of academic transcripts
‣ copy of School Leaving Certificate
‣ Scholarship Application Due Dates : Please contact the respective eligible institutions regarding the application deadline, because the application deadlines may vary from university to university.
‣ Please also check the relevant deadlines in our brochure. One application per postgraduate course is sufficient. Late applications cannot be considered!
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.