2018-2019 CASVA Visiting Senior Fellowship Program at National Gallery of Art USA , and applications are submitted till September 21, 2017. The Center for Advanced Study in the Visual Arts announces visiting senior fellowships for full-time research. Fellowships are awarded without regard to the age or nationality of applicants. Fellowships are intended for those who have held the PhD for five years or more at the time of application, or who possess an equivalent record of professional accomplishment. Scholars are expected to reside in Washington and to participate in the activities of the Center throughout the fellowship period. Stipends for two-month fellowships range from $6,000 to $8,000, depending on relocation requirements. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Fellowships are for full-time research, and scholars are expected to reside in Washington and to participate in the activities of the Center throughout the fellowship period.
Field(s): Fellowships are intended to support research in the history, theory, and criticism of the visual arts (painting, sculpture, architecture, landscape architecture, urbanism, prints and drawings, film, photography, decorative arts, industrial design, and other arts) of any geographical area and of any period. Visiting senior fellowship applications are also solicited from scholars in other disciplines whose work examines artifacts or has implications for the analysis and criticism of visual form.Deadline:
September 21, 2017
Funded By: National Gallery of Art
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2017-2017
CASVA Visiting Senior Fellowship Program is targeted for applicants of any nationality.
‣ Award No: The Center awards up to 12 Paul Mellon and Ailsa Mellon Bruce Visiting Senior Fellowships annually.‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowship will be awarded for a period of two months (up to 60 days). [March 1–August 15, 2018]
‣ Scholarship covers: The Center awards up to 12 short-term (up to 60 days) Paul Mellon and Ailsa Mellon Bruce Visiting Senior Fellowships annually. Stipends for two-month fellowships range from $6,000 to $8,000, depending on relocation requirements.
‣ The Center for Advanced Study in the Visual Arts announces its program for Paul Mellon and Ailsa Mellon Bruce Visiting Senior Fellowships.
‣ CASVA Visiting Senior Fellowship Program is for full-time research, and scholars are expected to reside in Washington and to participate in the activities of the Center throughout the fellowship period. Lectures, colloquia, and informal discussions complement the fellowship program.
‣ Each visiting senior fellow is provided with a study. In addition, visiting senior fellows who relocate to Washington are provided with housing in apartments near the Gallery, subject to availability.
‣ Visiting senior fellows have access to the notable resources represented by the art collections, the library, and the image collections of the National Gallery of Art, as well as to the Library of Congress and other specialized research libraries and collections in the Washington area.
‣ Individuals currently affiliated with the National Gallery of Art are not eligible for the visiting senior fellowship program.
‣ Visiting senior fellowships are awarded without regard to the age or nationality of applicants.
‣ Applications are reviewed by an external selection committee composed of scholars in the history of art and related disciplines. Outside readers may assist in the evaluation of proposals.
‣ Candidates for visiting senior fellowships must submit an online application that includes a proposal and a copy of one article or chapter of a book, to be submitted on or before the appropriate deadline. Two letters of recommendation in support of the application are required. Procedures for associate appointments are the same as those for the visiting senior fellowship program.
Visiting senior fellows may receive awards in three consecutive years but thereafter must wait three years before reapplying to the Center. Individuals may not apply for other Center fellowships while an application is pending or once a fellowship has been awarded. Visiting senior fellowships may not be postponed or renewed. The application deadlines and award periods are as follows:
Visiting Senior Fellowships and Associate Appointments
(up to 60 days)
For information contact:
Center for Advanced Study in the Visual Arts
National Gallery of Art
2000B South Club Drive
Landover, Maryland 20785
Telephone: (202) 842-6482
‣ Scholarship Applications Due Date: September 21, 2017
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Your first paragraph ...