2016-2017 CAS Sofia Advanced Academia Fellowship Programme for International Scholars, Bulgaria and applications are submitted till October 1, 2015. The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia) is offering international fellowships to pursue individual research projects during in-residence periods of up to five months. These fellowships are awarded for fundamental research in the fields of the humanities and the social sciences. The selected Fellows will take part in the regular Fellow seminars and the other scientific events organized by the Centre (workshops, conferences, lectures, etc.) and are invited to present and discuss their project in lectures or seminars. The Fellows will also have free access to the CAS library and electronic resources/databases. Travel allowance (400 euro), Research expenses (100 euro p.m.). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Bulgaria
Level: Fellowships are available for scholars to pursue their individual research projects during in-residence periods of up to five months.
Deadline: October 1, 2015
Funded By: The Centre for Advanced Study Sofia (CAS Sofia)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2016-2017 CAS Sofia Advanced Academia Fellowship is targeted for Non-Bulgarian citizens are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: CAS Sofia provides in-residence fellowships of two- to five- month duration to postdoctoral non-Bulgarian researchers. Candidates may apply for two periods:
N.B. The final invitation for fellowship depends on the ranking of the application and the preferred period. Availability for both periods is an advantage for the applicant. Please, indicate in the application form whether you prefer one or either period.
‣ Scholarship covers: The selected Fellows are entitled to:
‣ CAS Sofia is an independent Institute with international and multidisciplinary profile. Located in Sofia, Bulgaria, it promotes high-level scholarship in the social sciences and the humanities. In addition to supporting focus-group research, CAS Sofia invites outstanding scholars to pursue their individual research projects during in-residence periods of up to five months.
‣ The invited Fellows participate in the intellectual life and the scholarly community of the Centre (Bulgarian and foreign fellows) while working on projects of their own choice. Fellows receive adequate material and intellectual support and can profit from the Centre’s wide international networks, international seminar- and guest-lecturer programme.
‣ CAS Sofia assists Fellows in all practical matters concerning travel, residence and research in Sofia.
‣ Be non-Bulgarian citizens;
‣ Have completed a PhD in the fields of the humanities and social sciences;
‣ International research experience (participation in projects and refereed conferences) and publications in peer-reviewed academic editions are strong advantages.
Selection Criteria for 2016-2017 CAS Sofia Advanced Academia Fellowship
‣ The selection will be carried out by the international Academic Council of CAS based on evaluation of the potential of the candidate relative to his/her career stage and the quality of the proposed project.
‣ In some special cases candidates may be invited for an interview.
The selection will be based on:
‣ High quality of the candidate’s academic portfolio and publications, participation in international research;
‣ Innovative fundamental research proposal with significant contribution;
‣ Interdisciplinary and/or comparative approaches are an advantage.
‣ The results will be announced by the end of January 2016 by e-mail and at the website of the institute.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ All application documents should be presented in English and sent by e-mail with a subject entry “Advanced Academia Fellowships”. Use this Application Form
‣ For Junior scholars (up to 12 years after PhD defense) only: two letters of recommendation by scholars familiar with the applicant’s academic work should be emailed to CAS by the referees. Extensions to this period may be allowed in case of eligible career breaks which must be properly documented (maternity leave, long-term illness leave, national service).
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on October 1, 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.