2015 ZIF Marie Curie 5-year Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Germany, and applications are submitted till August 31, 2014. Applications are invited for ZIF Marie Curie 5-year postdoctoral research fellowships available to researchers regardless of their nationality and field of research. The Fellowships will begin on May 1, 2015 and end on April 30, 2020. Application should be submitted till August 31, 2014. The target group consists of researchers with significant work experience at the postdoctoral level who are aiming for a career in academia. They must already have secured a research grant of at least 50,000 Euros or an equivalent amount of funding that they will use for their forthcoming research. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Konstanz | Germany
Level: Postdoctoral Research Program
Field(s): any discipline represented at the University of Konstanz
Deadline: August 31, 2014.
Funded By: The Seventh Framework Program (FP7) Marie Curie Actions – People (co-funding of regional, national and international programs), the German Research Foundation (DFG) and the University of Konstanz.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 ZIF Marie Curie 5-year Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are targeted for to researchers regardless of their nationality.
‣ Award No: The Zukunftskolleg of the University of Konstanz offers up to six (6)
ZIF Marie Curie 5-year Research Fellowships and four (4) Zukunftskolleg Research Fellowships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are awarded for five years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The target group consists of researchers with significant work experience at the postdoctoral level who are aiming for a career in academia. They must already have secured a research grant of at least 50,000 Euros or an equivalent amount of funding that they will use for their forthcoming research. Candidates with their own position funded by another program are highly welcome. International experience in teaching or research and a strong interest in interdisciplinary topics are desirable. A topical connection between the project and the research profile of the University of Konstanz is expected. Each Fellow receives Start-up Funding and a Research Allowance. Furthermore, a pool is available for funding cooperative projects, research assistants, travel and equipment purchases.
‣ The University of Konstanz, with its “Institutional Strategy to promote Top-Level Research,” has been receiving continuous funding since 2007 within the framework of the Excellence Initiative by the German Federal and State Governments.
‣ The Zukunftskolleg is a central scientific institution of the University of Konstanz for the promotion of young researchers in the natural sciences, humanities and social sciences, and is an integral component of the institutional strategy “Model Konstanz — Towards a Culture of Creativity.”
‣ The Zukunftskolleg forms a platform for interdisciplinary discourse between distinguished researchers in Germany and abroad and provides them with resources for obtaining extramural funding.
In order to be eligible, candidates must fulfill all of the eligibility criteria:
‣ Applicants must have a doctoral degree;
‣ Applicants cannot currently hold a permanent position as full professor, or the equivalent of the German venia legendi (“Habilitation”);
‣ Applicants must have already secured a research grant of at least 50,000 Euros or an equivalent amount of funding to be used for their research while at the Zukunftskolleg;
‣ Candidates with their own position funded by another program, which can be transferred to Konstanz, are also eligible;
‣ 2015 ZIF Marie Curie 5-year Postdoctoral Research Fellowships Applicants must propose a research project that ties in with a discipline represented at the University of Konstanz;
‣ Applicants must submit all required documents by the specified deadline, including two letters of reference;
‣ 2015 ZIF Marie Curie 5-year Postdoctoral Research Fellowships Fellows are selected on the basis of their academic excellence, the quality and topicality of their research project outline, personal aptitude with regard to leadership and team skills, and interdiscipli-nary interest.
‣ International experience in teaching or research, and a strong interest in interdis-ciplinary topics are desirable.
‣ All applications and supporting materials must be submitted in English via the Online Application Platform
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on August 31, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.