2015 WZB-ISSC Global Fellowship for Developing Countries in Germany, and applicants are required to apply September 15, 2014. Applications are invited for a WZB-ISSC Global Fellowship available for postdoctoral researcher to conduct research at the WZB. Applicants must be postdoctoral researcher with no more than 5 years’ work experience after their PhD or scientists without a PhD but with an equivalent level of research experience and output and must be residing and working in a developing country. This fellowship is awarded to conduct research for up to six months at the WZB. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): WZB | Germany
Level: : Fellowship ( postdoctoral researchers to conduct research at the WZB)
Field(s): The research project of the fellow should focus on global societal problems with particular relevance in developing country contexts. Moreover, it should be linked to both research conducted at the WZB and to the notion of “Transforming Global Relations for a Just World,” which is the topic of the ISSC’s World Social Science Forum 2015.
Deadline: September 15, 2014.
Funded By: The Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB) and the International Social Science Council (ISSC)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): 2015 WZB-ISSC Global Fellowship is targeted for Citizens of developing countries (Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica,
Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea, Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands,
Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor, Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for this WZB-ISSC Global Fellowship.
‣ Award No: One fellowship will be awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: This WZB-ISSC Global Fellowship is awarded for up to six months.
‣ Scholarship covers: The WZB offers a 2015 WZB-ISSC Global Fellowship grant for up to six months at a level commensurate with a German Postdoctoral researcher as well as a contribution to local accommodation (up to 500 EUR per month). Economy travel costs to and from Berlin will be reimbursed according to the German Federal Travel Expenses Regulations. They offer a work place (equipped with PC, Internet access and communication support) as well as full library privileges and additional technical services. The selected Fellow will also receive support to participate in the World Social Science Forum 2015.
‣ The WZB offers a 2015 WZB-ISSC Global Fellowship grant for up to six months at a level commensurate with a German Post-Doctoral researcher, as well as a contribution to local accommodation (up to 500 EUR per month).
‣ Economy travel costs to and from Berlin will be reimbursed according to the German Federal Travel Expenses Regulations. We offer a work place (equipped with PC, Internet access and communication support) as well as full library privileges and additional technical services.
‣ All information should be submitted electronically, preferably in one PDF document to: international.affairs-at-wzb.eu.
‣ 2015 WZB-ISSC Global Fellowship Candidates should present: -A letter of motivation (what is the project, why is it important, what will be the outcome), including the preferred timing of the research stay at the WZB as well as an explanation of the difference the stay will make in their personal careers and in their home institutions (maximum 1 page).
‣ A summary of their main research and teaching contributions, indicating how these relate to the research topics at the WZB. Candidates should also address the societal relevance of their research (maximum 1 page).
‣ Two letters of recommendation from current or past senior colleagues.
‣ A curriculum vitae, including information on education, publications, participation in research projects and networks, teaching experience, awards and prizes received and other pertinent experiences. (Note: The majority of the degrees should have been awarded in developing countries).
‣ An indication of the candidate’s English language proficiency.
‣ Agreement from their home institution to the research stay in Germany, if selected (applicable only if the candidate will be employed during the proposed period of the Fellowship).
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on September 15, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.